September 23, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Dec 20th 2009 9:24AM
What a year! Once we got over the WGA strike, the networks kicked it into high gear and got busy making TV. Except for NBC. Even Jeff Zucker has admitted that NBCU has failed to respond to the need for new programming.
Fortunately, the other channels have been busy and there's been a lot of great television... and some that's just plain awful. But I'm a half-glass full kind of person and I have good feelings about 2009. However, since I don't want to repeat my list from last year, I'll just mention that I could put these 2008 best choices -- Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory and Mad Men -- on my list again. But I'm going to go for an all new list and, thankfully, I had plenty of 'bests' to choose from.
1. Glee. If there was ever a show that was made just for my personal taste, this is probably it. I love the singing and dancing. I get the characters. It even tickles me that I had just as much angst with bullies in high school as these kids. Every episode hasn't been perfect, but it's perfectly fine that they keep striving.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 25 Best (and 5 Worst) Moments from 'Big Brother 16'
- 15 Shocking Moments from 'Under the Dome' Season 2
- 'The Voice' Recap: Will Adam and Blake End Their Friendship?
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Premiere Recap: Can the NCIS Team Save Gibbs and McGee in Time?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 2 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: The Renegades Who Had It Made
- Faking It Post Mortem: Lauren's Secret, 'Karmy's''Pain' and More Scoop
- Chicago Fire Premiere Recap: The Fallen
- Person of Interest Season 4 Premiere Recap: Identities Crisis
- The Voice Blind Auditions Recap: Phar-really Got a Hold on Me
- More From TVLine