Wondering where Erica Kane, Marlena Evans and Katherine Chancellor were on TV Squad's recent list of the 100 Most Memorable Female TV Characters?
Frankly, there just wasn't enough room for all of them. The unforgettable divas, leading ladies, matriarchs and ingénues that have graced the soaps for more than 50 years are so plentiful that they deserve their own list!
We could easily have compiled a list of 100 women from soap operas, but this one has been limited to 15. Those selected represent characters from ABC, CBS and NBC daytime dramas, including current serials and canceled favorites.
Are your favorites on this list? Who else should have been included? Let us know!
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Eddy Arnold: The legendary country singer was best known for classic songs such as "Make The World Go Away." He also hosted his own TV show in the early 50s called The Eddy Arnold Show and guest starred on many shows, including The Milton Berle Show, The Dean Martin Show, The Jackie Gleason Show, The Tonight Show, and many others. His songs have been used on many TV shows and films, including How I Met Your Mother, Bad Santa, Nurse Betty, Private Parts, and Groundhog Day. He died in Nashville at age 89.
I remember vividly watching Another World when Beverlee McKinsey was front and center. She was a dynamic actress, a real scene stealer. She commanded your attention as the spoiled, grown daughter of millionaire scion MacKenzie Cory, Iris, on Another World. Her voice saying, "Daddy," is embedded in my memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 8 Performance Rankings
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle and Alexis Team Up to Catch a Killer
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- 'The Originals' Recap: Dahlia Offers Klaus a Deal
- 'The Voice' Recap: Gwen, Usher and Cee Lo Return to Advise the Top 8
- More From BuddyTV
- Secret Celebrity Marriages Gallery
- Nicki Minaj Performed at a Bar Mitzvah for the Luckiest 13-Year-Old Boy in the World
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 7 Celebrates Music Through the Ages Before a Shocking Elimination
- Did 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Pressure Lead to Kim Richards' Breakdown?
- Best Moments from the Daytime Emmys
- More From ET