Wondering where Erica Kane, Marlena Evans and Katherine Chancellor were on TV Squad's recent list of the 100 Most Memorable Female TV Characters?
Frankly, there just wasn't enough room for all of them. The unforgettable divas, leading ladies, matriarchs and ingénues that have graced the soaps for more than 50 years are so plentiful that they deserve their own list!
We could easily have compiled a list of 100 women from soap operas, but this one has been limited to 15. Those selected represent characters from ABC, CBS and NBC daytime dramas, including current serials and canceled favorites.
Are your favorites on this list? Who else should have been included? Let us know!
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Eddy Arnold: The legendary country singer was best known for classic songs such as "Make The World Go Away." He also hosted his own TV show in the early 50s called The Eddy Arnold Show and guest starred on many shows, including The Milton Berle Show, The Dean Martin Show, The Jackie Gleason Show, The Tonight Show, and many others. His songs have been used on many TV shows and films, including How I Met Your Mother, Bad Santa, Nurse Betty, Private Parts, and Groundhog Day. He died in Nashville at age 89.
I remember vividly watching Another World when Beverlee McKinsey was front and center. She was a dynamic actress, a real scene stealer. She commanded your attention as the spoiled, grown daughter of millionaire scion MacKenzie Cory, Iris, on Another World. Her voice saying, "Daddy," is embedded in my memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jennifer Lawrence Calls Screaming Match With David O. Russell 'Tabloid Malarkey'
- Kid Rock Bashes Beyoncé, Feels Wrath of Beyhive
- Found! Lupita Nyong'o's Stolen $150K Oscar Gown Returned to Scene of the Crime
- 'Looking' Cast Reveal Whether They Have More Sex Than Their Character
- Ronda Rousey On Her Big UFC Fight and Making 'Furious 7' With Paul Walker
- More From ET