At long last, the season 8 finale of American Idol has arrived! It's been fun watching all of the Idols grow in their musical prowess (that's a Paula word), especially Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, the final two performers who couldn't be more different, but are both awesome in their own way.
Ryan started things off by introducing the judges, along with a funny video clip for each of them -- Randy Jackson saying "For Me" throughout the season; Kara DioGuardi saying "sweetie" and "honey" to people who didn't make it past the audition process; Paula's round-up of colorful adjectives (vocal prowess, masterful and effortless, palette, etc.); and Simon's issues with hearing what people say (as in, he could probably use a hearing aid!).
TVS: So some Idols fade away and some – like you, for instance – are still in the public eye years later. What's the secret?
Justin:I can't speak for other idols, but I feel very blessed to have made it to the top two on season one. That season had such an impact on people, and even though I've been in and out of the spotlight, people remember me, whether it's for my hair or for my voice or whatever. You can't buy that. There's no amount of press you can do to stick in peoples' consciousness like that.
Is this season of American Idol everything you dreamed it would be? Or are you thinking it's the same-old-same-old we've all seen before? I fall into both camps, so decided to put together my list of ten reasons you should be watching American Idol this season. Feel free to add your own in the comments section!
10. Ryan Seacrest and Girls in Bikinis. Despite all the flak he gets, Ryan is still great with the contestants and either genuinely cares about them or does a good job of pretending he cares. And I thought he handled the awkward kiss from Bikini Girl with as much grace as possible under the circumstances. Did she take her five minutes of fame and make the most of it or what? Hey, use what you've got, right?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Geoff Stults Books Recurring Roles in CBS' Odd Couple Remake and Netflix's Grace and Frankie
- Emmys 2014: Ausiello Picks Who Should and Will Win — Plus: Reader Poll Results!
- Rookie Blue Recap: Out With a Bang
- Big Brother Recap: Ice, Ice, Baby
- Vampire Diaries Season 6 Teaser: Damon Begs Elena to 'Move On'
- More From TVLine
- 'Dating Naked' Star Jessie Nizewitz Sues Over Uncensored Crotch Shot
- V. Stiviano Claims Donald Sterling is Gay and That She Was His 'Beard'
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts Post-Baby Body During ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 50 Cent Challenges Floyd Mayweather to Read a 'Full Page' of 'Harry Potter'
- Rihanna Attends Ex Chris Brown's Basketball Game
- More From ET