Then the network caused a global groan so loud that it shifted the tectonic plates when they announced that Nelson had to cancel and they would replace him with Larry the Cable Guy.
It's such an obvious and safe choice that might be a good recipe for ratings, but it's a sure fire recipe for boring. Here are the iconic stars who would have made much better kindling for a white hot comedy roast.
One man leaves.
If you've ever watched Bill O'Reilly and thought you could stand your ground in an argument against the popular news analyst, then this is your chance. As a stunt for February sweeps, O'Reilly will choose six average people to come on his show and debate him on any topic. Starting today you can submit your topic to O'Reilly through e-mail. O'Reilly is obviously being more than a little tongue-and-cheek with the contest, dubbing it "Bloviating with Bill." Since I'm a lover and not a fighter I won't be attempting to faceoff with Bill, but if you do decide to take the man on, here's some suggestions:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bob's Burgers Renewed for Seasons 7, 8
- Arrow Sneak Peek: Damien Darhk Lays Out His Evil Plot for Star City
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- Ratings: Scream Queens Slips Again
- Bones Sneak Peek: Booth Fights for Survival — Watch the Gross Video
- More From TVLine
- Amy Schumer Reveals a Richer, Humbler Side of Herself in Hilarious 'SNL' Promos
- 'Duck Dynasty' Stars Reveal the One Struggle That Had Them Questioning God
- Julianne Moore Reveals Her Natural, Uncontrollable Hair to Ellen DeGeneres
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Christina Aguilera Returning to 'The Voice' for Season 10
- More From ET