by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 27th 2009 2:01PM
This week, we're going to take a bit of a departure from the shows we normally cover. It's very rare that a show that puts out 76 episodes could be considered by anyone to be gone too soon, and yet I make the argument that 8 Simple Rules (for Dating My Teenage Daughter) is that show.
I'm also not going to try and convince you that 8 Simple Rules was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, because it simply wasn't. It was a fairly standard, solid series headlined by a brilliant comic actor... and then it became something else.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9: First Impressions of Desiree's 25 Men
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- ?Dancing with the Stars?: The 20 Best Dances of Season 16
- 'Graceland' Photos: Meet the Cast
- Teen Choice Awards 2013 Nominations: 'The Vampire Diaries' Lead TV
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor' judges first look: Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio join Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell for Season 3
- 'The Big Bang Theory' to '90210': TV ratings winners and losers in 2012-13
- USA orders another comedy series, 'Divide and Conquer'
- Tony Hale on 'Veep,' Gary's love of Selina and Allison Janney's Season 2 guest appearance
- Billy Crystal starring in 'The Comedians' pilot at FX, Larry Charles to direct
- More From Zap2it
- Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- Billy Crystal to Headline FX's Comedians Pilot
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The 5 Best Auditions From Los Angeles and Austin
- A 'Broken' Arrow in Season 2? Plus: Which Finale Scene Was Deleted for Being Too Revealing?
- More From TVLine