AMC is getting even more serious about original programming, particularly in the wake of the success of 'Breaking Bad' and 'Mad Men.' First the network greenlit a full season for the television adaptation of 'The Walking Dead,' and now they've cast Billy Campbell in the lead of their new series pilot about an investigation into the murder of a young girl titled 'The Killing.'
'The Killing' actually sounds far more interesting than that brief description, as the police end up investigating three interlocking stories that led to the murder. If 'The Killing' ends up becoming a series, it could be about season-long, very complex series of crime investigations, like a really long episode of 'CSI.'
All of this is speculation as the series is currently only slated for a pilot. The possibility of a series is up in the air and if it comes down to either this show or 'The Walking Dead,' I would go with the latter.
More casting news after the jump.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com, or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479. Your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have spoilers for: 90210, Bones, Desperate Housewives, Eastwick, Ghost Whisperer, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Lost, Melrose Place, Smallville, The Mentalist, and Ugly Betty. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
Do you think the opening dream sequence was a forecast of abilities to come? Did you see how Tom's keys flew off the counter into his hands, and Diana was able to stop time around her when Tom and Kyle were late? I knew it was a dream sequence, not just because Tom and Kyle were friendly and everybody had new abilities, but also because everyone present at Jordan's rally was wearing black, white, or gray. I love that -- it was subtle, but there if you were looking for it (and I was).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Gotham' Interview: David Mazouz on Bruce Wayne's Extraordinary Maturity and Comprehension
- 'America's Next Top Model' Interview: Mentor Yu Tsai on Staying Out of the Drama, His Picks for Top 4 and More
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Interview: John Noble, Katia Winter and EP Roberto Orci on Strained Crane Family Relationships
- 'Forever' Review: A Familiar Premise That Just Won't Die
- 'Scorpion' Review: An Average Drama with a Only Few Exciting Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Murder, He Wrote: Meet the Man Behind Shondaland's Latest Wild Ride
- Ratings: Madam Secretary Samples Well, Good Wife Premiere Dips
- USA Network's Legal Comedy Benched Gets Premiere Date — Watch First Clip
- Dallas' Josh Henderson Teases Deadly Season Finale: 'We Won't All Make It'
- Sleepy Hollow Stars Tease Season 2: Abbie's Mama Drama, Ich in a Box
- More From TVLine