But while his comedy shows may be getting bigger in size, Gardell is decreasing in size himself. He's lost 25 pounds, or "one chin," since the show began. Gardell said that his producers were behind him in his weight-loss journey, assuring him that they would write the changes into his character's story. Even with the support, Gardell admitted that "sometimes the cake wins."
"I thought her speech when she won the Emmy was incredibly genuine, and it's a real reflection of who she is," Gardell said.
But when Craig Ferguson asked if he feared this could impact their relationship, Gardell was confident it won't. "She hasn't talked to me since she won it," he joked. "I'm sure she's just busy."
"I'm still getting those looks like they're not sure," he explained. "I get that look on the street like, 'Are you on TV or did you fix our toilet? I know I know you from somewhere.'"
If that's the case now, it's only going to be a matter of time before Gardell's face is known by more people. If nothing else, McCarthy's success in 'Bridesmaids' could draw more viewers to the second season of 'Mike & Molly' this fall, which would help Gardell's star rise as well. It's a win-win-win (the third one is for us, because we get another season of their irresistible adorableness).
The girl, Molly, is going to be played by Melissa McCarthy. The fact that Melissa McCarthy will be in 'Mike and Molly' has made me want to watch it. How great is it that Sookie from 'Gilmore Girls' is getting the star turn! For fans of 'Gilmore Girls,' Sookie was always an adorable sidekick to Lorelai, and Melissa McCarthy was wonderful in the role. She was equally kooky and lovable on 'Samantha Who?' as Dena. I have no doubt that she's going be be terrific on 'Mike and Molly.'
(S03E07/S03E08) Crazy ho! - Earl Hickey
Seeing how the first Cops episode was my personal favorite I was psyched to see another one. I love seeing all the gang back together again; one-legged girlfriend, now-deceased kidnapping victim, throat cancer survivor, gay Kenny and the addition of Billy Gardell as Officer Hoyne was a smart casting move.
The great thing about these kind of episodes is that they seem like a bunch of random jokes and scenes strung together documentary style but when it's over, you realize that an intricately woven plot has just unfolded.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 10
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Nominees from the Top 6?
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Gunn and Heid'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' First Impressions: Who Will Win Season 21?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Cast: 'UnREAL' Star and More New Faces
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Hannibal's Gillian Anderson
- TNT to Release Public Morals' Entire First Season for Labor Day Weekend
- Arrow Season 4 Trailer Has Domestic Olicity, Damien Darhk, Constantine, Sara, Costume Changes and More
- Ratings: Mistresses Finale and Dome Hit Series Lows, Rookie Blue Rises
- TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More
- More From TVLine
- Bindi Irwin Reveals Her Biggest 'Dancing With the Stars' Challenge – and It'll Make You Love Her More
- Tyler Perry Honors the Life of Bobbi Kristina Brown With Heartfelt Tribute Video
- The Sexiest Summer Bikini Bodies of 2015
- The 'Dash Dolls' Reveal What It's Really Like to Have Kim, Khloe & Kourtney Kardashian as Bosses!
- Mini-Darth Vader From Super Bowl Ad Gets Pacemaker Generator at 10 Years Old
- More From ET