'Daily Show' guest Tracy Morgan must have been watching in the dressing room, because when he joined Stewart onstage, Morgan had a message for The Donald. "I just want to reply to the Donald Trump thing," Morgan said. "Donald, I got [Obama's birth] certificate. It ain't in Hawaii, it's in Brooklyn. Come and get it if you want to see it."
Bill O'Reilly has also clashed with Goldberg in the past, but he agreed with her position on Obama's birth, and called Trump out for spreading the birther myth on 'The O'Reilly Factor' (weekdays, 8 PM ET on Fox News)
A recent survey by Public Policy Polling found that 51 percent of those who plan on voting in the GOP primary believe that Barack Obama wasn't born in the U.S. On 'Real Time With Bill Maher' (Weeknights, 10PM ET on HBO) Maher offered up a theory as to why so many conservatives embrace "birtherism," and then applied that same theory to Speaker of the House John Boehner, with strange results.
"When they go a little deeper into the polling, they find out this is just based on a general sense," Maher explained. "It just feels to them like [Obama's] a foreigner. Well, you know, John Boehner wears bronzer and goes on crying jags. He just feels like a female to me. Maybe liberals should demand to see his penis."
"Everybody that even gives any hint of being a birther ... even a little bit of a hint like, 'Gee, you know, maybe, just maybe, this much of a chance' they label them as an idiot."
Yet the events that led to Dobbs' abrupt departure were months, even years, in the making.
Behar and Lopez bookended the session, and they were an interesting contrast. Two comedians, both opinionated, both with things to say about current events. But while Behar's gentle jabs played to mostly silence among the cranky writers in attendance, Lopez got more than a few of us to laugh. I've never been the biggest Lopez fan, but I have to admit, he was ready for us: he made most of us stand up to talk to him, he jostled us on our reluctance to be enthusiastic, and he was able to make pretty quick comebacks with ease. Must be the years of dealing with hecklers.
Anyway, after the jump, some details of Turner's day in Pasadena, including audio of an interview with O'Brien that I started with the word "cankles."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 Promo Features Bang-in' Skye, Kick-Ass May
- Mom Casts Sara Rue as [Spoiler]'s Girlfriend, Ed Asner as New Neighbor
- Gang Related Cut After One Season
- Supernatural Season 10 Poster Promises Demonic Struggles
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Good Wife, S.H.I.E.L.D., Blacklist, SVU, Big Bang and More
- More From TVLine
- Why Mark Wahlberg Didn't Attend His Brothers Wedding to Jenny McCarthy
- Shemar Moore Dishes Long-Awaited 'Y&R' Return
- Scott Bakula 'Leaps' into 'NCIS: New Orleans'
- Watch the Heartwarming Moment a Mother With Alzheimer's Recognizes Her Daughter Again
- Meghan Trainor Bares All: Her Unexpected Big Break, Being Bullied and Embracing Her Body
- More From ET