'Daily Show' guest Tracy Morgan must have been watching in the dressing room, because when he joined Stewart onstage, Morgan had a message for The Donald. "I just want to reply to the Donald Trump thing," Morgan said. "Donald, I got [Obama's birth] certificate. It ain't in Hawaii, it's in Brooklyn. Come and get it if you want to see it."
Bill O'Reilly has also clashed with Goldberg in the past, but he agreed with her position on Obama's birth, and called Trump out for spreading the birther myth on 'The O'Reilly Factor' (weekdays, 8 PM ET on Fox News)
A recent survey by Public Policy Polling found that 51 percent of those who plan on voting in the GOP primary believe that Barack Obama wasn't born in the U.S. On 'Real Time With Bill Maher' (Weeknights, 10PM ET on HBO) Maher offered up a theory as to why so many conservatives embrace "birtherism," and then applied that same theory to Speaker of the House John Boehner, with strange results.
"When they go a little deeper into the polling, they find out this is just based on a general sense," Maher explained. "It just feels to them like [Obama's] a foreigner. Well, you know, John Boehner wears bronzer and goes on crying jags. He just feels like a female to me. Maybe liberals should demand to see his penis."
"Everybody that even gives any hint of being a birther ... even a little bit of a hint like, 'Gee, you know, maybe, just maybe, this much of a chance' they label them as an idiot."
Yet the events that led to Dobbs' abrupt departure were months, even years, in the making.
Behar and Lopez bookended the session, and they were an interesting contrast. Two comedians, both opinionated, both with things to say about current events. But while Behar's gentle jabs played to mostly silence among the cranky writers in attendance, Lopez got more than a few of us to laugh. I've never been the biggest Lopez fan, but I have to admit, he was ready for us: he made most of us stand up to talk to him, he jostled us on our reluctance to be enthusiastic, and he was able to make pretty quick comebacks with ease. Must be the years of dealing with hecklers.
Anyway, after the jump, some details of Turner's day in Pasadena, including audio of an interview with O'Brien that I started with the word "cankles."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- More From Zap2it
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- More From TVLine