'Daily Show' guest Tracy Morgan must have been watching in the dressing room, because when he joined Stewart onstage, Morgan had a message for The Donald. "I just want to reply to the Donald Trump thing," Morgan said. "Donald, I got [Obama's birth] certificate. It ain't in Hawaii, it's in Brooklyn. Come and get it if you want to see it."
Bill O'Reilly has also clashed with Goldberg in the past, but he agreed with her position on Obama's birth, and called Trump out for spreading the birther myth on 'The O'Reilly Factor' (weekdays, 8 PM ET on Fox News)
A recent survey by Public Policy Polling found that 51 percent of those who plan on voting in the GOP primary believe that Barack Obama wasn't born in the U.S. On 'Real Time With Bill Maher' (Weeknights, 10PM ET on HBO) Maher offered up a theory as to why so many conservatives embrace "birtherism," and then applied that same theory to Speaker of the House John Boehner, with strange results.
"When they go a little deeper into the polling, they find out this is just based on a general sense," Maher explained. "It just feels to them like [Obama's] a foreigner. Well, you know, John Boehner wears bronzer and goes on crying jags. He just feels like a female to me. Maybe liberals should demand to see his penis."
"Everybody that even gives any hint of being a birther ... even a little bit of a hint like, 'Gee, you know, maybe, just maybe, this much of a chance' they label them as an idiot."
Yet the events that led to Dobbs' abrupt departure were months, even years, in the making.
Behar and Lopez bookended the session, and they were an interesting contrast. Two comedians, both opinionated, both with things to say about current events. But while Behar's gentle jabs played to mostly silence among the cranky writers in attendance, Lopez got more than a few of us to laugh. I've never been the biggest Lopez fan, but I have to admit, he was ready for us: he made most of us stand up to talk to him, he jostled us on our reluctance to be enthusiastic, and he was able to make pretty quick comebacks with ease. Must be the years of dealing with hecklers.
Anyway, after the jump, some details of Turner's day in Pasadena, including audio of an interview with O'Brien that I started with the word "cankles."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.4 Photos: What Does Wes Find Out About Rebecca's 'Disappearance'?
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- 'The Walking Dead' Interview: How Loyal are Michonne and Glenn to Rick?
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars' New Intro: See All 5 Girls in the Season 6B Title Sequence
- The Voice: Pre-Battle Rounds Rankings for Each Season 9 Team
- TVLine Items: The Librarians Trailer, Boehner Off Tonight Show and More
- AHS Ratings: Huge Opening for Hotel
- NCIS: New Orleans First Look: Bakula and the Team Get Red Dress'd Up
- More From TVLine
- Cathriona White's Funeral Plans Set, Will Jim Carrey Attend?
- Katie Holmes Derails a Photoshoot, Hits Penn Station in Heels and a Ballgown
- Tom Hanks Channels 'Forrest Gump' During Run Through Times Square
- Snooki Says She's Going to 'Trick' Husband Jionni Into Getting Her Pregnant Again
- EXCLUSIVE: Gia and Joe Giudice Prep for Teresa's 'Perfect' Holiday Homecoming
- More From ET