I don't know if you've heard. But, apparently, the bird is the word.
'Family Guy' snuck in a nice callback to the season seven episode, 'I Dream of Jesus,' when Peter burst out with "Surfin' Bird." We got just a taste of Peter's classic dance and performance, but it was enough to bring back the laughs from that excellent episode.
Luckily, the night didn't need to rest on its past glories, as Seth MacFarlane returned to Sunday night dominance. With the failure of 'Sons of Tucson,' FOX dusted off 'American Dad' and brought the series back early to pinch-hit with new episodes. While 'Family Guy' didn't bring us the promised crossover event -- that was apparently an April Fool's joke on us -- they did play the cruelest joke you could imagine on their cast: they told them all they were going to die.
(S06E15) I couldn't find a really good quote to transcribe or even characterize this week's episode, because the whole turn of events are a jumbled lump of clay in my head.
Normally, a show that goes by so fast that I need a drag chute just to figure out what's going on would turn me away from it, but the dramatic tension that 'House' creates kept me velcroed in front of it all the way to the end.
Sure my head still hurts from trying to understand the science of it all, but the dramatic and even comedic angles makes for some fine-tasting Advil.
So in the most recent episode of Lost, Christian Shephard told Locke that the only way they can save the island from the invaders is if they, um, move it. Yeah, that's right, move the island. Thanks Doctor Shephard, I'll get right on that.
But viewers thinking that this was some crazy thing that could only happen on television and in the movies are...well, probably right. But in this Popular Mechanics article, the author of the book Physics of the Impossible says that it actually could be done. Michio Kaku says that it sounds like they're going to use the electromagnetic properties of the island and the Casmir Effect to "open a transferable wormhole to different points in time and space."
(Hold on a second while I go take two Advil.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- Casting Bits: Familiar Faces on 'Fuller House', Chris Browning Joins 'Supergirl' and More
- 'MasterChef' Interview: Prowling the Kitchen with Stephen Lee
- More From BuddyTV
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Villain Cast, Finding Carter Return Date and More
- John Legend Replaces Kanye West as Underground's Music Supervisor
- More From TVLine
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Lori Loughlin Celebrates Her 51st Birthday on the 'Fuller House' Set
- Calvin Harris Is Nearly Unrecognizable in This Awesome Throwback Photo
- Zayn Malik Throws Major Shade at One Direction, Says He Left to Make '#RealMusic'
- 'Law & Order' Director Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
- More From ET