Apparently Jack Bauer has been having a rough time of it.
In the last 21 hours, he: Has been released from Chinese custody where he was tortured for months on end, learned that not only was his brother evil but he's now dead (after he tortured him), learned that his father is evil, learned that his beloved girlfriend was also tortured in China after being abducted while on the hunt for him, blew a plan that wound up giving his Chinese captors Russian defense technology and had to violate direct presidential orders, thus getting himself arrested.
And, to top it all off, 24's critics and fans have been dumping on him.
So the folks at Blogs4Bauer decided to soothe Jack's battered soul and declare today Jack Bauer Appreciation Day.
So it came as a surprise that Jack Bauer's father Phillip on 24 has a soft spot. Over the past few hours, Phillip has mercilessly killed his son Graem, blamed Jack for the death, kidnapped his grandson and planted explosives to kill Jack. But in the latest episode, he spared Jack's life.
A blogger from Blogs4Bauer must've already sensed the softer side of Phillip when he monkeyed around with the lyrics to Harry Chapin's song "Cat's in the Cradle," and made them applicable to Papa Bauer and his hero son Jack.
The first lines: "My child arrived just the other day, Jack came to the world in the usual way. But there were planes to bomb, and nukes astray. He shot smack while I was away."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- More From TVLine