April 24, 2015
by Stephanie Earp, posted Nov 1st 2011 11:47AM
It's always tempting at this time of year to look for patterns where perhaps none exist. With four confirmed cancellations ('Charlie's Angels,' 'The Playboy Club,' 'How to be a Gentleman' and 'Free Agents') and several on-the-bubble new shows ('Pan Am,' 'Prime Suspect,' 'Body of Proof'), the only real theme (besides being awful) is a tendency to take themselves too seriously. I do take some satisfaction from seeing all the nostalgia shows die an early death. Apparently the one thing 'The Playboy Club' team didn't look up about 'Mad Men' were the ratings -- a couple million viewers. It was also the only thing they were able to duplicate.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Victoria Grayson's 10 Fiercest Moments
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Hot Tubs and Missing Shoes Confuse the Teams in Amsterdam
- 'Mad Men': 11 Times Joan Harris was a Total Badass
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Eye in the Sky'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'First Lady Sings the Blues'
- More From BuddyTV
- Bruce Jenner's E! Docuseries About Transition Gets Summer Premiere Date
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer, 'I Am a Woman' in 20/20 Interview Special
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Bruce Jenner: Kanye West Helped Kim Kardashian Understand His Transition
- Bruce Jenner: 'I Am A Woman'
- Cobie Smulders on Her Battle with Ovarian Cancer: 'It Was a Very Hard Time For Me'
- Lady Gaga Calls Bruce Jenner Brave & More Celeb React on Social
- More From ET