Bold and the Beautiful star Darlene Conley died of stomach cancer on Sunday in Los Angeles.
She has starred on the show as Sally Spectra for 20 years, and was diagnosed with cancer only three months ago. Producers and writers were actually developing a storyline for her to deal with the diagnosis.
Besides The Bold and the Beautiful and three other soaps (Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless, and General Hospital), Conley guest-starred on several other TV shows, including The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Murder, She Wrote, Highway To Heaven, The Jeffersons, Little House on the Prairie, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Gunsmoke, Cagney and Lacey, and Ironside. She also did the voice of Mrs. Claus in Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jessie Spinoff Sneak Peek: BUNK'D Forces the Rich Ross Kids to Rough It
- Exorcism: Live! Is Coming to Your TV
- Ratings: Big Brother Tops Night, Extant Holds Steady
- Throwback Thursday: 12 Memorable Sons of Anarchy Episodes to Revisit
- For Constance Zimmer, Complications Return and UnREAL Uncorks Its Finale
- More From TVLine
- Why Do Strong Female Characters in 'Mission: Impossible' Movies Keep Disappearing?
- Khloe Kardashian Explains Why She's Never Gotten a Boob Job — But Wants One
- Star Sightings July 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, 'It Doesn't Look Good,' Source Says
- New Squad Goals! Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Ride Out on a Jet Ski!
- More From ET