Okay, folks. I think you may need to help me figure out what the hell the World Wrestling Entertainment (lovingly known as the WWE) is doing here. According to a press release at their website the Sci-Fi Channel will be premiering a version of Extreme Championship Wrestling (passionately known as ECW) starting on June 13th. The series will feature an alternative brand of wrestling that is suited to the Sci-Fi audience. Huh?
Okay, let's read further. According to Bonnie Hammer, president of Sci-Fi Channel and its sister, USA Networks, ECW will bring action with a twist that science fiction fans will enjoy. Vince MacMahon, Chairman of WWE, adds that ECW will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Power of Veto?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Recap: Stop Dragon Her Heart Around
- Downton Abbey Boss, Cast on Movie Hopes, Unexpected Season 6 Renewal
- Ratings: Descendants Makes a Bigger Splash Than Teen Beach 2
- Game of Thrones Casts Ian McShane in Season 6 Mystery Role
- PBS Announces Premiere Date for Downton Abbey's Final Season
- More From TVLine
- Prince William & Queen Elizabeth Look Regal in Newly Released Portraits
- 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Scores Highest Opening Numbers in Franchise History
- Dave Grohl Responds After 1,000 Musicians Play Foo Fighters Song in Unison, Plus 5 More Reasons Why He's Awesome
- Valerie Harper Replaced in 'Nice Work If You Can Get It' Following Hospital Stay
- Channing Tatum Closes Deal to Star in 'Gambit' Despite Rumors
- More From ET