Okay, folks. I think you may need to help me figure out what the hell the World Wrestling Entertainment (lovingly known as the WWE) is doing here. According to a press release at their website the Sci-Fi Channel will be premiering a version of Extreme Championship Wrestling (passionately known as ECW) starting on June 13th. The series will feature an alternative brand of wrestling that is suited to the Sci-Fi audience. Huh?
Okay, let's read further. According to Bonnie Hammer, president of Sci-Fi Channel and its sister, USA Networks, ECW will bring action with a twist that science fiction fans will enjoy. Vince MacMahon, Chairman of WWE, adds that ECW will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Nick Star Jennette McCurdy Rejects The 'Role Model' Label In Online Rant
- Ryan Seacrest To Host Star-Studded 'Fashion Rocks' TV Extravaganza!
- Meet the World's Most Successful Transgender Model
- The Famous Family Member Who Won't be at Jenny McCarthy's Wedding
- Bradley Cooper Explains His Voice in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- More From ET