Okay, folks. I think you may need to help me figure out what the hell the World Wrestling Entertainment (lovingly known as the WWE) is doing here. According to a press release at their website the Sci-Fi Channel will be premiering a version of Extreme Championship Wrestling (passionately known as ECW) starting on June 13th. The series will feature an alternative brand of wrestling that is suited to the Sci-Fi audience. Huh?
Okay, let's read further. According to Bonnie Hammer, president of Sci-Fi Channel and its sister, USA Networks, ECW will bring action with a twist that science fiction fans will enjoy. Vince MacMahon, Chairman of WWE, adds that ECW will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Season Finale: 21 Heartbreaking Moments from 'I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive'
- 'Burn Notice' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Michael Suffers from the Deal He Made
- 10 Former Contestants Who Should Be 'American Idol' Judges
- 20 TV Characters To Have a Summer Fling With
- 'MasterChef' Season Premiere Recap: Apron Extravaganza
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 11 - 'Family Ties
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 10 - 'Fakin' It'
- 'Nashville' season finale: Everyone's alive, everyone's a mess
- 'Criminal Minds' Season 8 finale: Who fell victim to The Replicator?
- 'Modern Family' Season 4 finale: 'Goodnight, Gracie' ends with a Dunphy funeral
- More From Zap2it
- Chicago Fire Finale Recap: Baby Fever! [Updated]
- Criminal Minds Finale Recap: The Replicator Is Unmasked, But Not Before Striking Back
- Nashville Season Finale Recap: Truth, Consequences and Black Boxer Briefs [Updated]
- Idology: Cheering Candice Glover's Season 12 Win, Debating Finale Highs and Lows, Envisioning Changes for a Brighter Idol Future!
- Law & Order: SVU Season Finale Shocker: Is [Spoiler] Leaving the Show?!
- More From TVLine