Okay, folks. I think you may need to help me figure out what the hell the World Wrestling Entertainment (lovingly known as the WWE) is doing here. According to a press release at their website the Sci-Fi Channel will be premiering a version of Extreme Championship Wrestling (passionately known as ECW) starting on June 13th. The series will feature an alternative brand of wrestling that is suited to the Sci-Fi audience. Huh?
Okay, let's read further. According to Bonnie Hammer, president of Sci-Fi Channel and its sister, USA Networks, ECW will bring action with a twist that science fiction fans will enjoy. Vince MacMahon, Chairman of WWE, adds that ECW will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- The 25 Best Dances from 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19
- 'Hart of Dixie' Season 4 Premiere Photos: All About Zoe and Wade
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.8 Photos: A Sheriff's Retreat
- 'The Originals': 15 Moments of Love, Death and Reunions From 'The Brothers That Care Forgot'
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time Photos: Kissing, Canoodling and Blackbeard Vs.... Anna?
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman to Star in Big Little Lies Limited Series; David E. Kelley to Serve as Writer/Showrunner
- Supernatural Sneak Peek: Meet the Winchesters' Witchy New Big Bad
- TVLine Items: POI Spies Fringe Alum, Once Princess to Badlands and More
- Hart of Dixie Season 4 Bumped Up to December; See 9 New Premiere Photos
- More From TVLine
- Why Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling Named Their Daughter Esmeralda Amada
- Pamper Your Pet with a Doggie Bag Worth Over $500
- Hugh Jackman Plays a Terrifying Blackbeard in New 'Pan' Trailer
- Johnny Depp on His Recent Critical Flops: I Just Don't Give a F*ck
- Nicole Richie is Getting a Crash Course (and Lots of Bruises) in Roller Derby!
- More From ET