Okay, folks. I think you may need to help me figure out what the hell the World Wrestling Entertainment (lovingly known as the WWE) is doing here. According to a press release at their website the Sci-Fi Channel will be premiering a version of Extreme Championship Wrestling (passionately known as ECW) starting on June 13th. The series will feature an alternative brand of wrestling that is suited to the Sci-Fi audience. Huh?
Okay, let's read further. According to Bonnie Hammer, president of Sci-Fi Channel and its sister, USA Networks, ECW will bring action with a twist that science fiction fans will enjoy. Vince MacMahon, Chairman of WWE, adds that ECW will push the boundaries of sports entertainment in new and unexpected ways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scream Queens' Episode 5 Photos: Will Chanel Get Her Pumpkin Patch Party?
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'PhDead'
- 'Heroes Reborn' Episode 4 Photos: Will the Heroes Prevail or be Stopped?
- 'The Flash' Cast Teases Fallout from Singularity in Season 2
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Does Tony Have Royal Blood in Him?
- More From BuddyTV
- Empire First Look: Adam Rodriguez Enters Cookie's Lair
- Video: Jessica Jones Gets Some Air
- Nashville Sneak Peek: Deacon and Scarlett Face Their Toughest Decision
- Ratings: Minority Report Eyes Bleak Future After Second Straight Drop-Off
- Finding Carter: Will Jackson Rathbone's Jared Come Between Carter and Crash?
- More From TVLine
- 'iZombie' Scoop: 6 Appe-Teasers You Need to Devour Before Tuning Into Season 2!
- Sandra Bullock: Having a Child 'Forces You to Get Your Sh*t Together'
- Caleb Logan Bratayley's Parents Reveal 13-Year-Old YouTube Star Died of 'Undetected Medical Condition'
- Kim Zolciak Says She'll Be Back to Perform on 'Dancing With the Stars' Finale
- Cate Blanchett Decided to Marry Her Husband After 3 Days Together
- More From ET