So, you're sitting in front of your flat-screen, watching your Season Three DVD of Battlestar Galactica, in anticipation of the new season starting April 4th, and you happen to glance over at your 2-Slice stainless steel toaster. As you stare at your reflection in the gleaming metal you think 'Hey, if I put some flashing lights on the face of that toaster it would look like a Cylon's head. But, who in hell would be interested in seeing something like that other than myself?'
Funny you should think that, because someone is interested in seeing your creation. In fact, three someones in the form of Scifi.com, dvice.com, and Make magazine are willing to judge your work, along with others, to see who can mod or make a Cylon from scratch. If they like what you made they'll give you a chance to show your creation on the SCI FI Channel.
And you thought putting blinking lights on your toaster was stupid, didn't you?
If you're aiming for Benji and not knock-off Boomer fame, the things your dog needs to know include tips like "get an agent," "get a publicist" and "you have to love it." Sounds about the equivalent of the advice they give would-be Hollywood actors, writers and directors.
A fan named Matt had a 31st birthday recently, and he decided to make a bunch of cakes as a tribute to Battlestar Galactica. I'm not that familiar with the show, actually, so I'm not sure if these are to scale or not, and I'm not sure if he has all the technical specifications right. But they look delicious. Check out all the cakes in his Flickr set.
I think we should start making cakes and other desserts based on other TV shows. How about some Nip/Tuckcakes? Or maybe Boston Cream Pie Legal? Or maybe a Lost cake? That would be pretty cool.
[via Boing Boing]
Now, this is pretty nifty!
If you ever wanted to see your favorite Battlestar Galactica characters as they would look in the universe of The Simpsons, here's your chance. Artist Dylan Meconis has produced a number of sketches portraying all of your favorite BSG personalities and placed them on her website at LiveJournal under the heading Battlestar Galacticsimpsons. They're all there: from Admiral Adama and President Roslin enjoying an awkward moment of romance, to Boomer with her Cylon clone friends.
Actually, it all began with a picture of Six and Baltar (the picture you see to the right) in what looks like some sort of seductive dance. That image was so popular that Meconis decided to work in the entire cast. The response to her work has been very positive, with some commenters saying that Matt Groeing should call her directly and hire her on the spot. Hey, The Simpsons will be around for eternity and I'm sure they could use some new blood when the other artists die off of sheer exhaustion.
For more of Meconis' work, and well as information about her, please see her Quirkybird website.
[Thanks to both Jamie and Ryan for this tip]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Blog: The Final Performances of Season 9
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Cathy's Insults Send Abby Over the Edge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Results: The First Elimination of Season 19
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Cast Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: The Final 5 Eviction
- More From BuddyTV
- Finding Carter EP Explains Season Finale Twists, Defends Max's Decision
- The Originals' Nathan Parsons to Lead Amazon Pilot From Lost Boss
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again
- New Girl Season 4 Premiere Recap: Say Yes to the Jess
- Dancing With the Stars Week 1 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Proves She is the Ultimate Cat Lady
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- Jennifer Lawrence Explains What Makes a Woman Powerful in New Dior Campaign
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- 'Dating Naked' Couple Preps for Wedding with Naked Yoga
- More From ET