So, you're sitting in front of your flat-screen, watching your Season Three DVD of Battlestar Galactica, in anticipation of the new season starting April 4th, and you happen to glance over at your 2-Slice stainless steel toaster. As you stare at your reflection in the gleaming metal you think 'Hey, if I put some flashing lights on the face of that toaster it would look like a Cylon's head. But, who in hell would be interested in seeing something like that other than myself?'
Funny you should think that, because someone is interested in seeing your creation. In fact, three someones in the form of Scifi.com, dvice.com, and Make magazine are willing to judge your work, along with others, to see who can mod or make a Cylon from scratch. If they like what you made they'll give you a chance to show your creation on the SCI FI Channel.
And you thought putting blinking lights on your toaster was stupid, didn't you?
If you're aiming for Benji and not knock-off Boomer fame, the things your dog needs to know include tips like "get an agent," "get a publicist" and "you have to love it." Sounds about the equivalent of the advice they give would-be Hollywood actors, writers and directors.
A fan named Matt had a 31st birthday recently, and he decided to make a bunch of cakes as a tribute to Battlestar Galactica. I'm not that familiar with the show, actually, so I'm not sure if these are to scale or not, and I'm not sure if he has all the technical specifications right. But they look delicious. Check out all the cakes in his Flickr set.
I think we should start making cakes and other desserts based on other TV shows. How about some Nip/Tuckcakes? Or maybe Boston Cream Pie Legal? Or maybe a Lost cake? That would be pretty cool.
[via Boing Boing]
Now, this is pretty nifty!
If you ever wanted to see your favorite Battlestar Galactica characters as they would look in the universe of The Simpsons, here's your chance. Artist Dylan Meconis has produced a number of sketches portraying all of your favorite BSG personalities and placed them on her website at LiveJournal under the heading Battlestar Galacticsimpsons. They're all there: from Admiral Adama and President Roslin enjoying an awkward moment of romance, to Boomer with her Cylon clone friends.
Actually, it all began with a picture of Six and Baltar (the picture you see to the right) in what looks like some sort of seductive dance. That image was so popular that Meconis decided to work in the entire cast. The response to her work has been very positive, with some commenters saying that Matt Groeing should call her directly and hire her on the spot. Hey, The Simpsons will be around for eternity and I'm sure they could use some new blood when the other artists die off of sheer exhaustion.
For more of Meconis' work, and well as information about her, please see her Quirkybird website.
[Thanks to both Jamie and Ryan for this tip]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Vanessa Picks the Other Side
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- More From BuddyTV
- Justin Bieber Returns to the MTV VMAs: Grade His 'Comeback' Performance
- Fear the Walking Dead Recap: It's the End of the World as They Know It
- Wes Craven, Horror Legend, Dead at 76
- Miley Cyrus Hosts the 2015 MTV VMAs: Grade Her Cameo-Filled Opener
- Quotes of the Week: Hannibal, Scream, Bachelor in Paradise, Days and More
- More From TVLine
- No 'Bad Blood' Here! Taylor Swift Joins Nicki Minaj on Stage During 2015 VMA Opening Performance
- Amber Rose Is 'Embracing the Negativity' With Shocking MTV VMAs Outfit
- Billy Ray Cyrus' Advice to Miley: 'Do What You Do Because You Love It'
- Taylor Swift Debuts Sultry 'Wildest Dreams' Video at MTV VMAs
- Vanessa Hudgens Wore a Coachella Couture Gown at the 2015 VMAs
- More From ET