So, you're sitting in front of your flat-screen, watching your Season Three DVD of Battlestar Galactica, in anticipation of the new season starting April 4th, and you happen to glance over at your 2-Slice stainless steel toaster. As you stare at your reflection in the gleaming metal you think 'Hey, if I put some flashing lights on the face of that toaster it would look like a Cylon's head. But, who in hell would be interested in seeing something like that other than myself?'
Funny you should think that, because someone is interested in seeing your creation. In fact, three someones in the form of Scifi.com, dvice.com, and Make magazine are willing to judge your work, along with others, to see who can mod or make a Cylon from scratch. If they like what you made they'll give you a chance to show your creation on the SCI FI Channel.
And you thought putting blinking lights on your toaster was stupid, didn't you?
If you're aiming for Benji and not knock-off Boomer fame, the things your dog needs to know include tips like "get an agent," "get a publicist" and "you have to love it." Sounds about the equivalent of the advice they give would-be Hollywood actors, writers and directors.
A fan named Matt had a 31st birthday recently, and he decided to make a bunch of cakes as a tribute to Battlestar Galactica. I'm not that familiar with the show, actually, so I'm not sure if these are to scale or not, and I'm not sure if he has all the technical specifications right. But they look delicious. Check out all the cakes in his Flickr set.
I think we should start making cakes and other desserts based on other TV shows. How about some Nip/Tuckcakes? Or maybe Boston Cream Pie Legal? Or maybe a Lost cake? That would be pretty cool.
[via Boing Boing]
Now, this is pretty nifty!
If you ever wanted to see your favorite Battlestar Galactica characters as they would look in the universe of The Simpsons, here's your chance. Artist Dylan Meconis has produced a number of sketches portraying all of your favorite BSG personalities and placed them on her website at LiveJournal under the heading Battlestar Galacticsimpsons. They're all there: from Admiral Adama and President Roslin enjoying an awkward moment of romance, to Boomer with her Cylon clone friends.
Actually, it all began with a picture of Six and Baltar (the picture you see to the right) in what looks like some sort of seductive dance. That image was so popular that Meconis decided to work in the entire cast. The response to her work has been very positive, with some commenters saying that Matt Groeing should call her directly and hire her on the spot. Hey, The Simpsons will be around for eternity and I'm sure they could use some new blood when the other artists die off of sheer exhaustion.
For more of Meconis' work, and well as information about her, please see her Quirkybird website.
[Thanks to both Jamie and Ryan for this tip]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Rankings: The 24 Semifinalists of Season 9
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Klum of Doom'
- Best 'Suits' Season 4 Quotes So Far
- ?Pretty Little Liars? Fatal Finale Question: Who Will Die?
- 'Intruders' Preview: A Look Inside BBC America's Supernatural Conspiracy Thriller
- More From BuddyTV
- Doctor Who: We Rank the Best Modern Companions!
- Phineas and Ferb Sets Premiere Date for Lost Episode With Terry O'Quinn
- Geoff Stults Books Recurring Roles in CBS' Odd Couple Remake and Netflix's Grace and Frankie
- Emmys 2014: Ausiello Picks Who Should and Will Win — Plus: Reader Poll Results!
- Rookie Blue Recap: Out With a Bang
- More From TVLine
- Mila Kunis Puts Her Growing Baby Bump on Display in Tight-Fitting Tank Top
- Nicki Minaj Shatters Miley Cyrus' 'Wrecking Ball' Vevo Record With 'Anaconda'
- 'MythBusters' Stars Kari, Tory and Grant Leaving the Show
- New Study Says '50 Shades' Readers More Likely to Binge Drink, Have Lots of Sex Partners
- Jennifer Lopez: 'I'm Not One to Whore Around'
- More From ET