No need to adjust your glasses at the title of this post. What we're talking about here is the inflation-adjusted price of the Bionic Man in the year 2008. This is according to CNNMoney.com, which looked at a number of pop culture icons and programs to see what the costs for various things would be. Using tools from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they were able to put estimates not only the inflation adjusted costs but the actual cost in today's world.
Take Steve Austin, for instance. The six million dollars that it cost to make the former astronaut stronger and faster in 1974 would actually be an inflation-adjusted $26 million dollars today. Factor in the actual cost of the bionic parts, more than $100 million, and Steve would probably be stronger, not faster.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'Mistresses' Recap: Joss and Harry Get Offers They Can't Refuse
- More From BuddyTV
- EXCLUSIVE: Behind-the-Scenes of OneRepublic's Tour: 'We're Just Trying to Be as Good as Beyonce'
- Cops Called on Justin Bieber Six Times In Two Days
- Beyonce Attempts to Dispel Jay Z Divorce Rumors with Family Photo
- 9 Biggest Successes and Failures of Prince George's First Year of Reign
- Cameron Diaz Cuts Interview Short After Drew Barrymore Dig
- More From ET