No need to adjust your glasses at the title of this post. What we're talking about here is the inflation-adjusted price of the Bionic Man in the year 2008. This is according to CNNMoney.com, which looked at a number of pop culture icons and programs to see what the costs for various things would be. Using tools from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they were able to put estimates not only the inflation adjusted costs but the actual cost in today's world.
Take Steve Austin, for instance. The six million dollars that it cost to make the former astronaut stronger and faster in 1974 would actually be an inflation-adjusted $26 million dollars today. Factor in the actual cost of the bionic parts, more than $100 million, and Steve would probably be stronger, not faster.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Star Drea de Matteo Is Engaged -- Watch the Proposal!
- One Direction Drops Surprise Single One Day After Zayn Malik's New Record Deal
- 6 Revelations About Christine Ouzounian, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Former Nanny
- Jason Bateman on TV Mom Valerie Harper: 'I Hope She Gets Through It OK'
- Woody Allen Talks Candidly About 'Paternal' Relationship With Wife Soon-Yi Previn
- More From ET