No need to adjust your glasses at the title of this post. What we're talking about here is the inflation-adjusted price of the Bionic Man in the year 2008. This is according to CNNMoney.com, which looked at a number of pop culture icons and programs to see what the costs for various things would be. Using tools from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they were able to put estimates not only the inflation adjusted costs but the actual cost in today's world.
Take Steve Austin, for instance. The six million dollars that it cost to make the former astronaut stronger and faster in 1974 would actually be an inflation-adjusted $26 million dollars today. Factor in the actual cost of the bionic parts, more than $100 million, and Steve would probably be stronger, not faster.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Kathryn Prescott
- Castle Shocker: Penny Johnson Jerald Not Returning for Season 8
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- More From TVLine