(S07E24) "You were the one thing I thought I done right." -Ernie Dell
That's it, huh? It's weird, but I suppose it is possible to enjoy something that you don't like. It's too bad that this is what we waited all season for, but the resolution of the Miniature Killer story was far less imaginative than I hoped it would be. The identity of our killer ended up being just about as standard as it could get and nothing creative even seemed to be attempted. Very un-CSI like if you ask me.
Natalie Davis, i.e. The Miniature Killer, was indeed one of Ernie Dell's foster kids who just happened to be out of her mind. The "great" twist? She blamed Grissom for her foster father's suicide. Foolish I know, but there wasn't much else to go on I guess. I hate to say it, but I have to complain.
(S07E23) "So now you're building your own?!?" -Catherine
A fan favorite returns. This was only Melinda Clarke's fourth appearance as Lady Heather on CSI, and I'm fascinated with how much they've developed her character in that short time frame. It just proves that good writing can go a long way, especially when the notion of "less is more" is kept in mind.
The episode started off quite unexpectedly, as we were reintroduced to Heather in a situation that didn't exactly jive with her own beliefs. She's a dominatrix, so why has she put herself in a submissive role? Recall what she told her late daughter Zoey in her very first appearance? Something like, give your body and heart to a man but never your power? Well now Heather is ignoring her own advice. Sounds like a good premise for an episode to me.
(S07E22) Another one-shot episode and a crazy one at that. Fortunately we got some little hints as to what may be in store for everyone as the season winds down.
The main case as I said was a bit crazy. Believers of some kooky reptilian race were behind the conspiracy and murder of a Las Vegas black-jack dealer who they apparently thought was some kind of hostile lizard queen. Hmm... there's a sentence you don't find yourself typing out every day.
(S07E20) I've got to be honest. After the previews for this episode, I was psyched. What a cool idea to finally feature all the lab techs in an episode. Not so much. This ended up just being a fancy way to roll out a clip show as a refresher to anyone who wanted to brush up on the history of the Miniature Killer. With no actual story, the episode was packed with scenes from the previous Miniature Killer murders. So while everyone else got wrapped up in other nondescript cases, Hodges and the rest of the techs weaved us a narrative we've already heard.
(S07E18) Well this wasn't the best episode of CSI, but it still had its high points. I know it's a lot to ask to have every episode tie together and not stand alone, but I was really hoping for some more stuff on The Miniature Killer.
What we did get was a look at Sara how this job is affecting her. We've always known that she was the most emotional member of the Vegas team, but it really came through on this case. I suppose holding the hand of someone who's about to die will do that to you. However, as I said, despite the mediocrity of the episode as a whole, there were a few really good high points.
(S07E16) I'm glad I got back into this show (I'm going to start reviewing it weekly in place of Numb3rs) because it's good again. After the great four episode story arc with Keppler, Grissom is back on track hunting down his latest arch-nemesis -- The Miniature Replica Killer.
They thought they had him with the death of Ernie Dell, but no. The CSI writers have crafted quite the story here, possibly one of the best multi-episode arcs this show has seen yet.
Grissom finally got around to opening the large cardboard box that was delivered to his office right before he left on sabbatical. We knew what was inside of it though since we got a sneak peek right before he left. It's another replica. The only problem? The murder hadn't occurred... yet.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'High Sparrow'
- Bruce Jenner's Docuseries Gets Premiere Date, 'Kardashians' Stars Show Support
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Death Doesn't Stop Victoria from Trying to Bring Down Amanda
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Is Alicia Ready to Start Over?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Flash Photos: Metahumans Gone Wild! [Spoiler] Versus Reverse-Flash!
- Chicago Fire Scoop: Friday Night Lights Vet to Replace Mills as New Medic
- Ratings: Secrets and Lies Hits Series High, One Week Before Finale
- Vampire Diaries Wedding Photo: First Look at Jo and Alaric's Big Day
- Mike & Molly Video: Margo Martindale Returns to Get Peggy's Goat
- More From TVLine
- Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara Adorably Lip Sync to Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus Songs
- Ellen DeGeneres and Matt Lauer Call a Truce on Their Prank War ...Sorta
- EXCLUSIVE! 'The Following' Sneak Peek: Joe Carroll's Execution Leaves Ryan Hardy on Edge
- Mariah Carey Disses Nick Cannon in New Break-Up Track? 'Boy You Actin' So Corny Like Fritos'
- Brad Pitt Blames Face Scrape on 'Wearing Flip Flops'
- More From ET