Lady Gaga presented yet another crazy costume, only this time the craziest thing about it was that she was portraying a man -- her own lover, no less. She stayed in character to present Britney Spears with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, where the pair almost kissed, but Spears said, "I've done that already."
The Golden Globe-winning series returns to Fox on April 13 with a tribute to the music icon, featuring the cast covering what's sure to be show-stopping renditions of some of Madge's greatest hits, including the '80s-defining 'Borderline,' an acoustic version of power-ballad 'Crazy for You' and the more recent '4 Minutes.' Even Sue Sylvester gets into the groove, coaching the Cheerios through an energetic performance of 'Express Yourself' and taking lead on 'Vogue.'
"It's big...huge," 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy recently told Entertainment Weekly about the episode, which he's directing, yet he won't reveal whether or not Madonna will be making a cameo. What we do know is that the special episode will feature grander productions and at least 10 hits. We wouldn't expect anything less.
Madonna's decision to lend 'Glee' her entire catalog stems from the fact that she's a fan of the spunky song-and-dance show. Of course, the timing is also perfect for the master self-promoter, who is releasing a live DVD-CD of her Sticky & Sweet Tour on March 30, followed by the concert's April 2 TV premiere on VH1.
We're pretty sure that the 'Glee' and VH1 specials, as well as Madge's March guest stint on Jerry Seinfeld's new show, 'The Marriage Ref,' will eventually find a place in our ever-expanding compilation of Madonna's Memorable TV Moments.
Watch the video after the jump.
Which is great, Lindsay. But Lindsay Lohan in a reality show? You do know what kind of celebrities appear in realty shows? Do you think Whitney Houston and Britney Spears were at the heights of their careers when they did their amazing stints in reality television?
Speaking of Brit-Brit, LiLo is working with her manager on the project. Hopefully not the same guy that helped develop Britney & Kevin: Chaotic. The series is intended to follow Lohan as she attempts to get her career back on track.
- Guest voices on the 21st season of The Simpsons will include: Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Anne Hathaway, Chris Martin, Sarah Silverman, Angela Bassett, Chuck Liddell, Jackie Mason, Neve Campbell, Eli and Payton Manning, Bob Costas, and the late Eartha Kitt.
- From November 9 through November 15, Fox will hold a Simpsons "scavenger hunt" with clues scattered through their programming.
- Gordon Ramsay will conduct a live one-hour cooking demonstration on December 15 at 9 ET. The show is called Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live.
- Finally, Britney Spears will receive the "Ultimate Choice" award at the Teen Choice Awards.
More stuff to come during the day. Of course, for the latest, follow our Twitter feed.
The MSNBC Countdown's Wikipedia page reported he had died earlier this morning, possibly due to complications from celiac disease.
I sent emails to two networks officials to confirm this jarring claim. Jeremy Gaines, MSNBC's vice president of communications, responded that he is certain the entry is a "hoax" and that he and other network officials were working to correct it. The section on Olbermann's death has since been removed from the page.
Suffice it to say, while it may have been for all the wrong reasons, Britney had once again captured the attention of the public at large. It's an important bit of this story, because it speaks to both why she was brought in to guest on HIMYM, and why I hated it from jump street. I certainly wasn't alone in that, as most of the TV Squad staff, and 36.9% of the readers that voted, named her for the What The *#@#%! Were They Thinking Award.
So what IS it about the rich, famous and screwed-up that we find so fascinating? Other than the fact that it's just plain fun to gawk at these folks, I've come up with a few reasons why TMZ is one of the best things to enter our lives in years:
1. TMZ shows us that even though the rest of us might be struggling out here, we're still way better off than the people on TMZ's radar. That's comforting in a weird way.
Yes, I know: I just spoke to Carter Bays a couple of months ago, right before How I Met Your Mother's season finale. But there was so much news coming out about the show over the summer -- The Bro Code, a wedding, self-contained episodes, Regis -- that I felt I had to speak to him again before the fourth season started on Sept. 22.
(Well, I actually wanted to talk to both Carter and his show-running partner Craig Thomas, but, as usual, the mystery man was elsewhere. I've met him more than once, though, so I know he does exist.)
Anyway, I could have spoken to Bays at the CBS press tour party in July, but I wanted to get a bit more in depth, so we arranged a phone interview; that took place a couple of weeks ago, right after the third episode of the fourth season wrapped. He was a bit more evasive about those topics than he's been in the past, but he still provided me some good information about the upcoming season, the "haunting" singing voices of his male stars, and what it's like to see his show being played on an airplane. Interview is after the jump.
This year she has three nominations. With that, I don't know why anybody would think she wouldn't show up. I realize that many thought her last VMA appearance/performance was a trainwreck, but look at what she was going through at the time.
Britney does not have a performance scheduled and I would guess that her appearance will likely be more demure (if MTV is capable of such a thing). I presume she'll just be accepting the award (I think she'll win something. It would be a good career boost. Even Scorsese won an award eventually). Of course, I could be complete wrong. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of MTV executives?
My question is: will Britney's appearance at the VMA's make you more likely to tune in?
if you've walked past a TV, into a retail store or gotten into a car this summer, chances are you've heard Katy Perry's single, "I Kissed a Girl." There's an even bigger chance that if you just read that sentence, "I Kissed a Girl" is now going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Perry is performing that song during this year's VMA telecast on September 7th, and if you haven't already guessed, she's looking for a girl to kiss.
Fans of unruly extensions and gum-smacking need not fear, however: there is still a good chance that Ms. Spears will make an appearance at the fête. Britney is nominated for Video of the Year for her single, "Piece of Me." Even though Britney Spears has been nearly synonymous with MTV and the VMAs for most of her career, she's never actually won one of the coveted moon men, so I'm not sure how good her chances are of actually making an acceptance speech. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if producers still find something for her to do during the show; if there's one thing for which Britney can always be relied on, it's creating buzz. Well, that and single-handedly keeping Cheetos in business.
The MTV Video Music Awards air on September 7.
So she opened the show--but her performance was more befitting a zombie stripper than a multi-platinum artist. Things continued to go downhill for a while, until her dad stepped in. After that, it was better extensions, visits with her kids and guest spots on How I Met Your Mother. It was good all around.
Now, after several months of relative stability, Britney may be ready for a comeback from her comeback. Along with VMA host Russell Brand, Spears is starring in a couple of promos for the VMAs. The videos are after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Live Blog: The Top 9 (and Kelly Clarkson) Sing the Songs of Kelly Clarkson
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.20 Photos: What Happens When Victoria Reaches Her Breaking Point?
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Tricksters'
- CBS Sets 2015 Season Finale Dates for 'The Good Wife,' 'Survivor' and More
- [Video] David Duchovny Reveals 2 More Characters Returning to 'The X-Files'
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge Recruits Tom Amandes for Everwood Reunion — See Photo
- The Blacklist First Look: Is Tom Winning Liz Over — For a Second Time?
- Michelle Pfeiffer Attached to Star in Morning Show Comedy From Katie Couric and Murphy Brown Scribe
- Bitten Photo: Elena Looks Bloody Good — Plus, Your Key to 'The Undoing'
- TVLine Items: SVU Vet Returns, Lewinsky Eyed For View Gig and More
- More From TVLine
- LL Cool J Gears Up for 'Lip Sync Battle's' Epic Star-Studded Premiere
- Pharrell Williams Meets His 'Spooky' Wax Figure
- A&E Show Gives Pastor '8 Minutes' to Help Sex-Trafficking Victims Escape to Safety
- Ed Sheeran Lives in 'Two Different Worlds' With 'Sesame Street' Performance
- Go Inside the Extravagant NYC Chanel Fashion Show
- More From ET