April 21, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Episode 19 Photos: Operation Save the Cellist
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'Castle' Interview with Seamus Dever on the 70's Episode: 'People Weren't Recognizing Me'
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- More From BuddyTV
- Exclusive Bones Video: Has the Ghost Killer Returned (or Is Brennan Just Bonkers)?
- Glee First Look: Shirley MacLaine's Lunch Date With Blaine! Plus — Rachel Berry, TV Star?
- What to Watch Monday: The Voice Goes Live, Castle's In a Disco Daze, Archer Finale and More
- True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps
- Mad Men Recap: A Thorny Matter Indeed
- More From TVLine