Sweeney recently chatted with AOL about having a full work plate, why she works hard at staying fit herself, 'Days'' decision to kill off beloved Uncle Mickey, why the NBC sudser is on the upswing (while others aren't faring nearly as well) and which characters she'd like to see return to Salem.
Bryan has been through this revolving door before, ironically. In 2001, he was also let go from Days of Our Lives and re-hired a year later. So, perhaps, he's not too concerned about losing the job.
What's interesting is that his current contract was good through February 2010 and at least based on what's happening now, there doesn't seem to be an exit for the Lucas character.
Bryan Dattilo's had to out-think crafty Sami Brady on 'Days of our Lives' for years; now he's trying to outsmart a bunch of 11-year-olds on 'Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader,' the syndicated game show hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
"I had never seen the show before but my brother is a big fan of Jeff and his 'jerky' jokes," said Dattilo, who has played Lucas Roberts on 'Days' since 1993. The actor didn't have to go through the rigorous pre-test that regular potential contestants do (believe us, it's not easy), but he caught a few episodes in the green room prior to taping. He talked to AOL about the '5th Grader' experience, plus what's next for Lucas on 'DOOL.'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The NBA Final, Hannibal's Last Bite, Wilfred Fetches a New Season and More
- Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dead at 51, Hailed as 'One of the Greatest Actors of Any Time'
- Netflix Renews Hemlock Grove for Season 2
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence
- So You Think You Can Dance: Lessons Learned From the Top 20 Announcement Episode
- More From TVLine