Sweeney recently chatted with AOL about having a full work plate, why she works hard at staying fit herself, 'Days'' decision to kill off beloved Uncle Mickey, why the NBC sudser is on the upswing (while others aren't faring nearly as well) and which characters she'd like to see return to Salem.
Bryan has been through this revolving door before, ironically. In 2001, he was also let go from Days of Our Lives and re-hired a year later. So, perhaps, he's not too concerned about losing the job.
What's interesting is that his current contract was good through February 2010 and at least based on what's happening now, there doesn't seem to be an exit for the Lucas character.
Bryan Dattilo's had to out-think crafty Sami Brady on 'Days of our Lives' for years; now he's trying to outsmart a bunch of 11-year-olds on 'Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader,' the syndicated game show hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
"I had never seen the show before but my brother is a big fan of Jeff and his 'jerky' jokes," said Dattilo, who has played Lucas Roberts on 'Days' since 1993. The actor didn't have to go through the rigorous pre-test that regular potential contestants do (believe us, it's not easy), but he caught a few episodes in the green room prior to taping. He talked to AOL about the '5th Grader' experience, plus what's next for Lucas on 'DOOL.'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Frank Dillane
- More From TVLine
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- Kourtney Kardashian & Baby Reign Get 'Serious' in Rare Instagram Photo
- More From ET