Particularly, because the Kenos brought in an antique cars dealer and he was ready to make an offer right then and there. When Joe, the car's owner, balked at $220,000, the dealer raised it to a quarter of a million dollars.
"I really don't think that's what I want," Joe said, later adding, "Not for that price."
"When the Keno brothers tell me that the Rembrandts are real, I'm gonna be riding back in style and JoAnn's gonna be riding back on her broom," the husband said.
But at the reveal, she got a taste of sweet victory when the bigger painting was confirmed to not be a Rembrandt, as the husband had hoped. He'd paid $3,000 for it. But before she could rub it in, the Keno brothers revealed that a smaller sketch he'd paid $400 for was, in fact, a Rembrandt, and was worth $20,000.
In the premiere, they looked at a violin potentially worth millions, a few Silver Age comic books and collectibles, and sifted through a hoard looking for family heirlooms. It was in the hoard that they found their most surprising discoveries.
Lily wanted the Kenos to come because she knew there were some valuable items in her mother's house, but even she had no idea what Liz had buried in there. In fact, Liz had no idea either. The Kenos uncovered five items from the mess, but that was enough to change their lives.
Following disappointing ratings for the Season 2 premiere of 'MasterChef' earlier this week, Fox execs have tweaked the summer schedule to give the cooking show a boost. It will now air before ratings powerhouse 'Hell's Kitchen,' which returns for its ninth season in July.
According to Deadline.com, Fox had originally planned to air 'MasterChef' Mondays and Tuesdays at 8PM ET, an hour earlier than last summer. But, after ratings plummeted a whopping 33 percent on Monday, and went up only 10 percent the following night, Fox is moving the series to the 9PM ET slot, which is where it aired last year behind 'Hell's Kitchen.'
The move on Monday will be made right away, with a 'MasterChef' rerun airing Monday June 13 at 8PM ET, leading into a new episode at 9PM ET. Come July, Fox hopes that 'Hell's Kitchen' viewers will stay with the network for a second helping of Ramsay.
The network did not say whether the episode will be the premiere of Season 2 or just a regular episode.
"There is no better showcase on television than to follow the Super Bowl, and we believe 'The Voice' is deserving of such high-profile exposure," Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement.
"The attention grabbing blind audition phase of 'The Voice' has mass appeal and will fittingly team up with the biggest sporting event of the year," he said.
Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will all be back as coaches next year.
In other TV news ...
(S02E12) Ahhh, a return to Earl crossing something off his list and continuing his quest for karma. However, things were a little different this go-round, and it made for very interesting viewing.
After describing the premise of number 52 on his list, Earl takes us back to when he, Joy, and Randy stole the historic silverware from the Camden County Library/Museum and eventually decided to bury it until they could figure out a way to make money from it. We see Earl describe his methods of trying to get the $2,000 the silverware is worth, and his luck at not being caught after Dotty the Librarian made the money drop in the outdoor waste basket. In addition, we see an exploding bush and it looks like Earl escapes from being caught. He describes it as karma being mad at him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 3 Express Pass Power Rankings: The Stronger Teams Surge
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Juan Pablo Defends R-Word Joke, Rumored as the Worst Bachelor Ever?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Crashing Rafts, Missing Taxis and Dancing Globetrotters
- More From BuddyTV
- 'True Detective' Season 1 finale - 'Form and Void': In the court of the Yellow King
- 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Season 9, episode 7: Khloe files for divorce from Lamar
- 'The Simpsons' says goodbye to Marcia Wallace's Edna Krabappel
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Wicked is here
- 'Game of Thrones' releases new Season 4 trailer: Watch the epic, extended sneak peek
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Midseason Premiere Recap: Rated Ex
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- Looking Finale Post Mortem: Jonathan Groff on the Big Kevin-Richie Cliffhanger
- The Good Wife Recap: Integrity Check
- New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart'– But the Dragon Is Still Rad
- More From TVLine