August 29, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Feb 22nd 2010 4:02PM
Created by Paul Feig and produced by Judd Apatow, 'Freaks and Geeks' is one of those rare television treasures that no one saw or appreciated until it was too late. Okay, that's unfair. Critics, the press and the loyal fans who did find the show on NBC immediately knew that it was something special. Unfortunately, it didn't find wide enough appeal to last beyond its first season.
Ironically, the show's cast of virtual unknowns now reads like an all-star comedy troupe, which is a testament to the brilliant casting that went on behind the scenes of the show. Finding such talented kids, and then coupling them with brilliant writing crafted on of the most revered television shows of all time.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.11 Photos: Winter Comes Early to Chester's Mill
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.10 Photos: Big Jim Finally Learns the Truth
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 HoH Competition?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: Here Comes a New Kind of Bride
- More From BuddyTV
- Defiance Season 2 Finale Recap: Raiders of the Lost Ark-Brain
- Big Brother Recap: Same Old, Same Old
- Arrow Season 3 Casts Glee Alum as Felicity's [Spoiler]
- Fargo Breakout Allison Tolman Headed to Mindy Project for Arc? You Betcha!
- TBS' Ground Floor Gets Season 2 Premiere Date, New Time Slot
- More From TVLine