A new study by Experian-Simmons found conservative-leaning viewers tend to favor reality programming like 'Dancing With the Stars,' 'The Bachelor,' 'The Biggest Loser,' 'MythBusters,' but one exception to that trend was 'Jersey Shore.' Also among GOP favorites is the History Channel's block of programming: 'Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy,' 'American Pickers,' and 'Swamp People.'
Two other popular liberal shows, 'Glee' and 'Modern Family,' topped the conservative list last year, but are no longer two of the favorite shows among Republican viewers, according to EW. They did, however, still rank high with those on the more liberal end of the political spectrum.
According to TVLine, Welch will play mama to villain Diego Navarro. Look for Welch's episode to air in early 2012. This is Welch's first TV gig since 2008's 'Welcome to the Captain.'
Meanwhile, EW reports Derek will play the owner of a horse stable where a murder takes place. This is Derek's first series TV gig since 'Fashion House' in 2006.
In other casting news ...
Molly Parker, formerly of HBO's 'Deadwood,' will play Abby McDeere in the new drama, Vulture reports. Abby is the wife of the main lawyer character, played by Josh Lucas in the new show (and Tom Cruise in the movie).
In other TV news ...
'CSI' is finally getting the boot from its longtime Thursday night time slot in favor of the J.J. Abrams-produced 'Person of Interest,' while 'The Good Wife' is getting transferred from Tuesdays at 10PM to the highly competitive Sundays at 9PM slot.
The network's two new comedies will both get their shots after established shows, with '2 Broke Girls' airing after 'How I Met Your Mother' on Mondays and 'How to Be a Gentleman' landing post-'Big Bang Theory' on Thursdays. Interestingly, 'Rules of Engagement' is being pushed to Saturday nights.
CBS is saving the Robert De Niro-produced cop drama 'The 2-2' for mid-season (hopefully with a better name).
The full fall schedule is after the jump.
This week we have spoilers for: 'Bones,' 'Castle,' 'Chuck,' 'CSI: Miami,' 'Damages,' 'Gossip Girl,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Modern Family,' 'NCIS,' and 'Parenthood.'
This week we have spoilers for: 'Castle,' 'Community,' 'CSI: Miami,' 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Fringe,' 'Glee,' 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent,' 'NCIS,' 'Parks & Recreation,' 'Psych,' 'Supernatural,' 'The Big Bang Theory,' 'The Mentalist,' 'The Office,' and 'True Blood.'
This week we have spoilers for: 'Chuck,' 'CSI: Miami,' 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Glee,' 'Gossip Girl,' 'House,' 'No Ordinary Family,' 'The Good Wife,' 'The Event,' 'The Simpsons,' 'Torchwood,' and 'White Collar.'
This in-depth version of the column goes hand in hand with our weekly spoilers column, in which we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air.
This week, we discuss spoilers recently released for the upcoming episodes of 'CSI,' 'CSI: New York,' and 'CSI: Miami.'
The man who killed Horatio's mysterious wife escapes from prison and the entire team is tasked to figure out what he's after (besides freedom from the slammer, I guess) and to stop him before he strikes again. Listen, I've watched enough 'CSI' in my life to know what this guy wants -- he wants to finish the job on the Caine family and put Horatio six feet under, and of course in the end Horatio will outsmart him and deliver some crushingly awful line as the killer is being led back behind bars (or maybe H shoots him?) But either way, I weep for the missed opportunity to kill off Horatio and start fresh with this show.
Red Eye host Greg Gutfeld egged Zombie on, saying he had heard that in terms of taking direction, Caruso can't do two things at once. Zombie paused for a moment, contemplating whether or not to dish on Caruso. But that moment passed quickly, and Zombie proceeded to tell a hilarious story about Caruso's acting limitations:
Eddie Cibrian (Jesse Cardoza) won't be back for the ninth season of 'CSI: Miami.'
According to the Ausiello Files, CBS passed on the option to renew Cibrian's contract. He joined 'CSI: Miami' in 2009 to fill the void left by the departing Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko). However, following several guest spots in the eighth season original, cast member Rodriguez has re-signed to the show, and will be back full-time in the fall.
Sources close to the police procedural series said that the Cibrian-Rodriguez changeover is due to the producers' creative decision to focus on the original core team.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com, or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479. Your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have spoilers for: '30 Rock,' 'Bones,' 'Castle,' 'CSI: Miami,' 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Glee,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Lost,' and 'Ugly Betty.'
This is all a way to explain the following: ABC has renewed 'Castle' for another season. ABC is not just jumping on a strong pairing of 'Dancing' and 'Castle,' because you can't count on that always being the best draw of a Monday night.
- At 8, ABC has the season premiere of 'Dancing with the Stars,' then a new 'Castle.'
- CBS has a new 'How I Met Your Mother,' followed by new episodes of 'Rules of Engagement,' 'Two and a Half Men,' 'Big Bang Theory,' and 'CSI: Miami.'
- NBC has new episodes of 'Chuck,' 'Trauma,' and 'Law and Order.'
- The CW has a new 'Life Unexpected' at 8, then a new 'Gossip Girl.'
- ABC Family has the season finale of 'Secret Life of the American Teenager' at 8.
- TCM has 'The Big Sleep' at 8, followed by 'The Maltese Falcon.'
- Also at 8: Food Network has a new 'Good Eats.'
- At 9, FOX has a new '24.'
- USA has a new 'Monday Night RAW' at 9.
- Food Network has a new 'Unwrapped' at 9.
- TLC has a new 'Ultimate Cake-Off' at 9.
- Spike has 'TNA Wrestling' at 9.
- At 10, Showtime has the season premiere of 'Nurse Jackie,' then the season premiere of 'United States of Tara.'
- FX has a new 'Damages' at 10.
- ABC Family has a new 'Greek' at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- More From BuddyTV
- Degrassi Series Finale Recap: Indecent Promposals
- American Crime Adds André Benjamin in 'Fierce' Season 2 Role
- Descendants Stars on Twist Ending, Sequel Ideas: 'Mal's Story Isn't Over'
- Fear The Walking Dead: Full-On Zombie Outbreak 'Delayed' Until Season 2
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- More From TVLine
- Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Perfectly Channel The Beach Boys in Spot-On Parody
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Gathers for Wake, Prepares for Memorial Service
- Lena Dunham Poses Topless With Her Dog for National Mutt Day
- Demi Lovato's Moving Tribute to Dog: 'This Has Been the Most Painful Week of My Life'
- Chris Pratt Offers Fans a Potential Dinner at Applebee's in New Facebook Contest
- More From ET