October 4, 2015
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Aug 3rd 2011 10:00AM
Lovable Canadian adult contemporary singer Jann Arden has been a bit under-the-radar lately, but she's getting back in the saddle (like all good Prairies girls do) to judge the TV singing contest 'Canada Sings.'
Along with fellow judges Rob Van Winkle (a.k.a. Vanilla Ice) and Pierre Bouvier (Simple Plan), Arden is appearing on this six-part original series. The show challenges ordinary Canadians to form glee clubs with their co-workers and compete against another workplace team for a $10,000 donation to their charity of choice.
AOL TV caught up with Arden to talk about 'Canada Sings,' what being a judge is all about and why she's done with all things 'Idol.'
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Aug 2nd 2011 2:30PM
If someone asked you to list the things Vanilla Ice is up to, the last thing you'd probably say is "Acting as a judge on a Canadian singing contest/TV show." But it seems Vanilla Ice (a.k.a. Robert Van Winkle) is doing just that.
Along with fellow judges Jann Arden and Pierre Bouvier (Simple Plan), Van Winkle is appearing on six-part original series 'Canada Sings.' The show challenges ordinary Canadians to form glee clubs with their co-workers and compete against another workplace team for a $10,000 donation to their charity of choice.
Unlike 'Idol,' these people have never sang before, and they're not seeking fame for themselves -- and that's partially what drew Van Winkle to the show. AOL TV caught up with the '90s phenomenon to talk about what brought him on board 'Canada Sings,' why he loves music and why this is anything but another 'Idol.'
by Stephanie Earp, posted Aug 2nd 2011 12:35PM
Take the Money and Run - Tuesday August 2, 9PM ET/PT, CTV/ABC
Finally, a new idea in reality television, even though the 'nets are calling this a mix of 'The Amazing Race' and 'CSI.' I think that comparison does a disservice to this very cool idea. A pair of competitors -- in the season premiere it is the hilariously named brothers Raul and Paul Bustamante of San Francisco -- are given one hour to hide $100,000 before they are hauled in by real detectives who have a full day to grill them. If the suspects keep their secret, they also keep the money. If the cops break the case, they get the ultimate raise.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Miley Cyrus-Hosted SNL Premiere On Par With Year Ago
- Quotes of the Week: The Goldbergs, CSI, Masters of Sex, Grey's and More
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- More From TVLine
- Scott Disick and His Rumored 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Spotted in Miami -- See the Pics!
- Johnny Depp Is ‘Quite Worried' About Daughter Lily-Rose's Fashion Career
- Miley Cyrus Kicks off the 'SNL' Season 41 Premiere: 7 Biggest Moments!
- Tori Spelling Reveals She Had Sex With Jason Priestley, Got Shannen Doherty Fired From '90210'
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- More From ET