August 31, 2015
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Aug 3rd 2011 10:00AM
Lovable Canadian adult contemporary singer Jann Arden has been a bit under-the-radar lately, but she's getting back in the saddle (like all good Prairies girls do) to judge the TV singing contest 'Canada Sings.'
Along with fellow judges Rob Van Winkle (a.k.a. Vanilla Ice) and Pierre Bouvier (Simple Plan), Arden is appearing on this six-part original series. The show challenges ordinary Canadians to form glee clubs with their co-workers and compete against another workplace team for a $10,000 donation to their charity of choice.
AOL TV caught up with Arden to talk about 'Canada Sings,' what being a judge is all about and why she's done with all things 'Idol.'
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Aug 2nd 2011 2:30PM
If someone asked you to list the things Vanilla Ice is up to, the last thing you'd probably say is "Acting as a judge on a Canadian singing contest/TV show." But it seems Vanilla Ice (a.k.a. Robert Van Winkle) is doing just that.
Along with fellow judges Jann Arden and Pierre Bouvier (Simple Plan), Van Winkle is appearing on six-part original series 'Canada Sings.' The show challenges ordinary Canadians to form glee clubs with their co-workers and compete against another workplace team for a $10,000 donation to their charity of choice.
Unlike 'Idol,' these people have never sang before, and they're not seeking fame for themselves -- and that's partially what drew Van Winkle to the show. AOL TV caught up with the '90s phenomenon to talk about what brought him on board 'Canada Sings,' why he loves music and why this is anything but another 'Idol.'
by Stephanie Earp, posted Aug 2nd 2011 12:35PM
Take the Money and Run - Tuesday August 2, 9PM ET/PT, CTV/ABC
Finally, a new idea in reality television, even though the 'nets are calling this a mix of 'The Amazing Race' and 'CSI.' I think that comparison does a disservice to this very cool idea. A pair of competitors -- in the season premiere it is the hilariously named brothers Raul and Paul Bustamante of San Francisco -- are given one hour to hide $100,000 before they are hauled in by real detectives who have a full day to grill them. If the suspects keep their secret, they also keep the money. If the cops break the case, they get the ultimate raise.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 10 TV Characters Having a Terrible Summer 2015
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Desperate Measures and a Surprise Wedding
- Kim Kardashian To Appear in 'Absolutely Fabulous' Movie
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 6?
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT Sets Premiere Dates for Legends, Librarians, Sharon Stone's Agent X
- Summer TV Winners & Losers: UnREAL, True Detective, Mr. Robot and More
- Tyrant Finale Sneak Peek: Who Inside the Palace Ratted Out Jamal?
- Tom Selleck's New Jesse Stone Movie Gets Premiere Date on Hallmark
- Mistresses Finale Sneak Peek: Joss Is Free, But Karen Gets... Banished?
- More From TVLine
- Blackish Season 2 Cast Gallery Exclusive First Look
- You Have to See Miley Cyrus' Reaction When Nicki Minaj Threw All That Shade
- EXCLUSIVE: Sandra Bullock's Rumored New Man Bryan Randall Goes Shirtless, Shows Off Abs
- Zac Efron's 'We Are Your Friends' Had One of the Worst Box Office Openings in History
- Liam Hemsworth to Guest Star on 'The Muppets' – Could He Be Miss Piggy's New Man?!
- More From ET