So it should probably serve as "no surprise" that Comedy Central has put the kibosh on it.
Showalter sent out the awful truth in Twitter form yesterday. Black also followed up Showalter's sad announcement with his own Tweet that contains a certain word that starts with "F" and ends with "K" and it isn't "fullback."
I was a fan and I looked forward to the second season, but now I'll just have to settle with the inevitable buck squeezing DVD release. You guys had me at "bunny stomping."
Even in Hollywood.
Yes, according to Entertainment Weekly, the inevitable has finally occurred, as 'Friday Night Lights' has been unofficially canceled by NBC, which has informed the principal actors that their services will no longer be required after filming for season 5 ends.
Alex Chung, the British model turn talk show host, has lost her daytime talk show It's On with Alexa Chung on MTV after just two seasons. The network announced that the show would not return following its final show on Dec. 17.
I never watched the show and judging from its style and substance, I don't seem to be the demographic for it so I'm wary of criticizing or critiquing exactly what MTV has lost here. For those of who have seen it, did MTV lose something special? It seems to me that this is just a result of the slow eradication of daytime talk shows from small players like the Chung-fest and power forwards like Oprah "The Refrigerator" Winfrey.
After seven seasons on CBS, the Anthony LaPaglia FBI drama 'Without a Trace' has become another casualty of the TV industry's cost-cutting measures. And sadly for fans, that's not the only surprising cancellation to emerge from this week's annual Upfront Week announcements.
It may only be Wednesday, but the networks didn't take a whole week this year to unveil their plans for the 2009-10 tube season, and while there are plenty of returning favorites ('Chuck' lives! So does 'Dollhouse' -- what?!) and new shows that will potentially snag spots on our TiVos, the biggest news of Upfront Week has been all the shows that have been kicked to that big TV cancellation heap in the sky.
Many of you reading our complete listing of fall premiere dates have been posting questions on the whereabouts of some of your favorite shows. For example, poster rach asks 'What happened to the show "Related" on the WB? Is there a premiere?'', while reader Jim asks 'What? No "Invasion"? How does it end? Is this a new trend ... to just terminate an ongoing series?' .
So, as a public service to you, the omnipotent readers of TV Squad, here is the complete list of shows that will NOT be returning to the network schedules this season.
ABC: Invasion (sorry Jim), Sons & Daughters, Less Than Perfect, Hope & Faith, Rodney, Commander-In-Chief (although a two-hour movie may be produced to tie up any loose ends), Freddie, In Justice, Emily's Reasons Why Not, Crumbs, Hot Properties, Jake in Progress (yes, one episode actually aired last season. John Stamos joins the cast of ER this season), Alias, The Evidence and Miracle Workers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, TVD, Moonlight, True Blood and More
- Ratings: Dr. Ken Has Healthy Debut
- Performer of the Week: S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Iain De Caestecker
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Kicks off the 'SNL' Season 41 Premiere: 7 Biggest Moments!
- Tori Spelling Reveals She Had Sex With Jason Priestley, Got Shannen Doherty Fired From '90210'
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Pro Witney Carson Is Engaged!
- 'Once Upon A Time' Star Emilie De Ravin is Pregnant!
- More From ET