So it should probably serve as "no surprise" that Comedy Central has put the kibosh on it.
Showalter sent out the awful truth in Twitter form yesterday. Black also followed up Showalter's sad announcement with his own Tweet that contains a certain word that starts with "F" and ends with "K" and it isn't "fullback."
I was a fan and I looked forward to the second season, but now I'll just have to settle with the inevitable buck squeezing DVD release. You guys had me at "bunny stomping."
Even in Hollywood.
Yes, according to Entertainment Weekly, the inevitable has finally occurred, as 'Friday Night Lights' has been unofficially canceled by NBC, which has informed the principal actors that their services will no longer be required after filming for season 5 ends.
Alex Chung, the British model turn talk show host, has lost her daytime talk show It's On with Alexa Chung on MTV after just two seasons. The network announced that the show would not return following its final show on Dec. 17.
I never watched the show and judging from its style and substance, I don't seem to be the demographic for it so I'm wary of criticizing or critiquing exactly what MTV has lost here. For those of who have seen it, did MTV lose something special? It seems to me that this is just a result of the slow eradication of daytime talk shows from small players like the Chung-fest and power forwards like Oprah "The Refrigerator" Winfrey.
After seven seasons on CBS, the Anthony LaPaglia FBI drama 'Without a Trace' has become another casualty of the TV industry's cost-cutting measures. And sadly for fans, that's not the only surprising cancellation to emerge from this week's annual Upfront Week announcements.
It may only be Wednesday, but the networks didn't take a whole week this year to unveil their plans for the 2009-10 tube season, and while there are plenty of returning favorites ('Chuck' lives! So does 'Dollhouse' -- what?!) and new shows that will potentially snag spots on our TiVos, the biggest news of Upfront Week has been all the shows that have been kicked to that big TV cancellation heap in the sky.
Many of you reading our complete listing of fall premiere dates have been posting questions on the whereabouts of some of your favorite shows. For example, poster rach asks 'What happened to the show "Related" on the WB? Is there a premiere?'', while reader Jim asks 'What? No "Invasion"? How does it end? Is this a new trend ... to just terminate an ongoing series?' .
So, as a public service to you, the omnipotent readers of TV Squad, here is the complete list of shows that will NOT be returning to the network schedules this season.
ABC: Invasion (sorry Jim), Sons & Daughters, Less Than Perfect, Hope & Faith, Rodney, Commander-In-Chief (although a two-hour movie may be produced to tie up any loose ends), Freddie, In Justice, Emily's Reasons Why Not, Crumbs, Hot Properties, Jake in Progress (yes, one episode actually aired last season. John Stamos joins the cast of ER this season), Alias, The Evidence and Miracle Workers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 10
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Gunn and Heid'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' First Impressions: Who Will Win Season 21?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Cast: 'UnREAL' Star and More New Faces
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Star Ashley Iaconetti: 'I Knew Jared Just Wasn't That Into Me'
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow Season 4 Trailer Has Domestic Olicity, Damien Darhk, Constantine, Sara, Costume Changes and More
- Ratings: Mistresses Finale and Dome Hit Series Lows, Rookie Blue Rises
- TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More
- Nashville's Chaley Rose to Return
- Did Mr. Robot Need More Tyrell? Where Is Ray Donovan's Son? Arrow Misfire? Weak Whispers UFOs? And More TV Qs
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Heads to NYC Club Literally Surrounded By Models -- Watch!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Sends Beyonce an Adorable Birthday Greeting Featuring Daughter Apple
- Chris Evans Reveals Relationship Status, Says He's a ‘Very Romantic Guy'
- Khloe Kardashian Removes Her Tramp Stamp in a Painful Video: 'I Should've Listened to Kim'
- Aretha Franklin Files Last Minute Lawsuit to Stop 'Amazing Grace' Film Festival Screening
- More From ET