(S02E02) "His liver must look like camouflage." - Chuck Bartowski
As amusing as he is, I can't say that I'm excited about Lester becoming a douchebag now that he is assistant manager. Haven't we already seen this on shows like The Office? Of course, everyone still defers to Chuck on anything important, but a complete lack of discipline was what made the Buy More a great place to work, wasn't it?
Did the producers copy my iPod when I wasn't looking? Once again, Huey Lewis is the perfect musical choice.
(S04E06) "It doesn't matter what people are saying as long as they talk about you" - Denny Crane
Watching the opening scene of this episode made me smile. Very few shows can mine humor out of the execution style murder of an unarmed man. Boston Legal has turned it into an art form.
Mare Winningham is one of the most underrated actresses in America. It takes a true talent to appear cold and unfeeling on the outside and still let the audience see that your insides are being torn apart by every emotion imaginable.
(S04E03) "The heart can be a bitch." - Alan Shore
I cannot begin this review without addressing how shocked I was with the opening scene. The very idea of a fifteen year old girl who contracts HIV made my jaw drop. I was shocked that a school would teach children that abstinence is the only effective way to avoid unwanted pregnancy and STD's. When I was in school (many years ago) we were taught that while abstinence is the best way to avoid the pitfalls of teen sex, condoms are a close second, especially when it comes to avoiding disease. As a parent, it concerns me that my daughter's school might actually teach this sort of thing. Thankfully, Alan pointed out where the blame actually lies...in the lap of the U.S. government. In an effort to please the conservatives who elected them, the Republicans refuse to give schools an option that would teach teens a realistic way to have sex responsibly. I know it's only a TV show but only a fool would think this kind of thing isn't happening in some parts of the country.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's Best New Characters of 2013
- 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' Battle: 'American Idol' vs. 'The Voice'
- 'The Voice' Top 5 Predictions: Which 3 Singers Are in the Finale?
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Brandi's Apology, Porsha's Divorce and a New 'NYC' Season
- [VIDEO] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Gibbs and Fornell's Ex-Wife Asks for a Favor
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Sing-Off': The AcoUstiKats twerk backstage before performances
- 'Psych: The Musical' was 'a Herculean task,' says James Roday
- TV Snacks: 'How I Met Your Mother' fave returns, 'Happy Endings' on VH1
- 'Sean Saves the World' sets 'Will & Grace' reunion with Megan Mullally guest appearance
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi's Doctor costume a mix of 'old-fashioned' and the future
- More From Zap2it
- Law & Order Vet Dann Florek to Exit SVU
- Tomorrow People's Mark Pellegrino Talks Protecting John, Obeying The Founder and More
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Gossip Guy Is NBC's Tin Man, Mom Casts Dad, Happy Endings' New Home and More
- Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Crosby Drops Some Slutty-But-Soulful Knowledge on Drew
- More From TVLine