Tom Hanks delivers one of the best performances of his career in 'Cast Away,' airing tonight on TV. Hanks dropped a whopping 50 pounds for the role, and the end result is enough to entice any fan of 'Lost.'
Also airing this week: an Oscar-winning turn from Denzel Washington, as well as a royal cast, featuring Gene Hackman, Angelica Huston, Ben Stiller and Gwyneth Paltrow in Wes Anderson's 'The Royal Tenenbaums.'
See more of our flick picks of the week after the jump.
If you're looking to watch a light and easy movie this week, bet on 'Ocean's Eleven,' the 2001 remake starring -- among others -- George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon.
Also airing this week is the political drama 'The Queen.' The film won an Academy Award for its star, Helen Mirren, and earned an additional five nominations, including Best Picture. Catch it when it airs on Bravo before this year's Oscar nominations are announced on Thursday.
See more of AOL's flick picks of the week after the jump.
This version is going to be a new take on the old story of a man who sets sail from England, his ship is wrecked in a storm and he's thrown overboard winding up alone on a deserted island where he has to fen for himself. In time, he is joined by an escaped slave whom he names Friday. Ben Silverman, NBC's head honcho, described the proposed series in this way: "It's part MacGyver, part contemporary morality tale about race and personal discovery, part comedy and part Castaway meets Survivor." As envisioned, this Robinson Crusoe will need to be clever indeed. It's going to keep the time period 1650's, but when Crusoe finds Friday, he'll presumably be treating him as if it were today with regard to race relations.
"This episode contains some animated nudity. Viewer discretion is advised."
Is it wrong that those words make me happy? I mean, I'm not talking that Hentai crap that Greg watches (sorry, inside joke, but the four people that read my column that would get that are probably cracking up) but something about knowing that Fox now has to warn people that you're about to view a cartoon butt so they won't be offended, is so redonkulous that it just makes me giggle. Yes, I did just make up a word. What'cha gonna do. So this is the infamous "hurricane episode" that Fox pulled from being the season premiere to allow the nation some "time to heal". Do you really think one week made a difference? On with the show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Graceland's Serinda Swan Weighs In on Paige Hate, Unsexiest Sex Scene Ever
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- More From TVLine
- Dakota Johnson Finally Joins Instagram With a Sweaty Selfie
- Bob Barker Defends Mia Farrow Tweeting Lion Killer's Address: ‘He Deserves All the Misery He Receives'
- Khloe Kardashian: I Call Rob My Son As a Joke
- Source: Ben Affleck's Former Nanny 'Tipped Off the Paparazzi' About Los Angeles Rendezvous
- Lena Dunham Gets a Running Coach: I Used to 'Run Like a Wounded Baby Pterodactyl'
- More From ET