August 1, 2014
by Jane Boursaw, posted Sep 27th 2009 3:01PM
This week in Jane After Dark, I caught up with season one of Castle. I'm a sucker for fun whodunits, especially when they feature great male and female characters who've perfected the art of the snappy banter. Specifically, here are five reasons why I'm loving Castle:
1. Nathan Fillion is boyishly charming. I've been a big fan of this Joss Whedon favorite since seeing him in 2005's feature film Serenity. I finally completed that awesome circle by watching Firefly last winter. Fillion has the ability to be goofy one minute and deadly serious the next. In Castle, he plays Richard Castle, a best-selling mystery author who's raising a 15-year-old daughter Alexis (Molly C. Quinn) -- and, in many ways, his free-spirited live-in mother Martha (Susan Sullivan), as well. Having killed off his latest fictional character, Richard found inspiration in NYPD detective Kate Beckett, after being called in to advise on a case. Now they're working as pseudo-partners.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4: First Look at 'Frozen's' Elsa and Kristoff
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Unconventional Movie Nite'
- 'Manhattan' Set Photos: Take a Tour of the Past
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Battle of the Block?
- 'Under the Dome' Interviews: Cast Teases Possible Escape from the Dome and More!
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy's Final Season Poster Teases Grim Future for Jax
- Nashville Season 3 Premiere to Feature Two Live Cast Performances
- Syfy's Z Nation Trailer: First Look at TV's Next Zombie Thriller
- Scoop: CSI: Cyber Adds Peter MacNicol as a Series Regular
- Grimm Cast Names Nick and Juliette's Baby, Teases [Spoiler]'s Fate and More
- More From TVLine