by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 3rd 2010 3:35PM
There's good news and bad news regarding the Glenn Close legal drama 'Damages.' The bad news is that FX has real concerns about picking up the show for another season because of the cost. The good news is that Sony has turned to DirecTV to co-broadcast 'Damages.'
If this sounds like a paradigm you've heard before, you have. Currently, DirecTV shares the broadcast rights to 'Friday Night Lights' with NBC. That's how the Peabody-award winning program has remained on the air.
The fourth season of 'Friday Night Lights' has already run on DirecTV's Channel 101 -- a fantastic season by the way -- and NBC will give present the same episodes again for a much larger audience when the show premieres on May 7. (Of course, NBC could have chosen a night other than Friday -- one of the least watched nights of the week -- but there are fans out there waiting for this quality TV show.)
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 5th 2009 10:30AM
If you like sports talk in the afternoon and get bored with the countless reruns of breaking news on ESPN's myriad channels, here's some good news. Dan Patrick is back on the air. In daytime, that is, and not on the worldwide leader in sports. Dan Patrick's radio show began simulcasting on DirecTV this week, bringing the entire DP team and their studio into view.
Broadcasting a radio show on TV is not new, of course. Don Imus did it for years on MSNBC until he put his foot so far in his mouth that he was kicked off the network. And Mike Francesca has a daily radio talk show airing on the Yes network. The idea of watching someone with a microphone in his face and earphones on is not radical.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV ratings: 'The Sing-Off' returns to a higher note Monday, 'Christmas Light Fight' has decent start
- 'The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show': Taylor Swift, Fall Out Boy and Candice Swanepoel in a $10 million bra
- 'Spartacus,''Scandal,''Orange Is the New Black' and more of 2013's best TV
- 'Sleepy Hollow' recap: A golem, a sin eater, and Ichabod Crane walk into a carnival
- Can 'Almost Human' make the leap from good to great?
- More From Zap2it
- Ratings: The Voice Boosts The Sing-Off's Return, Almost Human Ticks Up But Sleepy Slips
- Castle Casts Frances Fisher as a Woman from Beckett's Fashion Model Past
- How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Ashley Williams Brings Victoria Back For One Last Encore
- SCTV's Martin Short, Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin to Reunite in NBC's Working the Engels
- Exclusive: Ray Wise Joins The Young and the Restless As a Blast From Nikki's Past
- More From TVLine