But about 10 minutes into the new Cheetah Girls: One World movie the other night, my daughter looked at me and said, "I was really hoping these Cheetah Girls movies would get better." Yeah, me, too.
I actually liked the first two movies, in 2003 and 2006, respectively. The second, directed by High School Musical alum Kenny Ortega, was a downright cute tale about the Girls' escapades in Spain.
"It's always been a dream for us to be on the big screen [like 'High School Musical 3'] -- I think it could happen."
Following in the dance steps of other Disney Channel mega-franchises like 'Hannah Montana' and 'High School Musical,' the Cheetah Girls adventures take a sing-along look behind the scenes of an all-female pop group.
'The Cheetah Girls: One World,' the girls' third made-for-TV movie (premiering Friday, August 22, 8PM), finds BFFs Chanel, Aqua and Dorinda half-way around the globe in colorful India. Thinking that they've all been cast in a Bollywood movie, they soon discover that only one Cheetah will get the role. And that's when the claws come out ... you know, in between the love stories, solos, best friend bonding and big dance productions.
'One World' stars Adrienne Bailon, Kiely Williams and Sabrina Bryan gave AOL TV exclusive scoop on their new movie, the perks of shooting in a warm climate, where they'd like to go next and why they wouldn't mind following in the footsteps of the 'High School Musical' gang.
Once upon a time, it was possible for a TV child star to get by on an impish smile and cute catchphrase.
Today's crop of kiddie performers don't have it so easy; they need to be double or triple threats who not only head up their own shows and/or TV movies, but sing, dance, star on the big screen, sell out concerts and launch clothing lines (despite some occasional personal missteps).
Here we count down the 20 hottest faves of the teen and tween pack.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Season Finale Recap: Lila's Killer is Revealed
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: The Hunter Becomes the Hunted
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Herman's Head
- American Idol Recap: Chick Magnetism
- Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira
- Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others
- More From TVLine