The most persistent rumor has linked her with ABC and that network's plans to fill the Oprah-sized hole in their daytime lineup. Now, it seems as though Couric will indeed be getting her own daytime talk show.
Even though she signed off from 'Evening News' last night, Couric's still under contract with CBS until June 6, so no official announcement about her future is expected for another few days. However, 'The Los Angeles Times' says she's close to signing a deal to launch a new ABC syndicated talk show in the fall of 2012. And, that it may reunite Couric with her former 'Today' colleague, Matt Lauer.
The 'Times' says that while much of the deal has been has been hammered out, there are still outstanding "issues" surrounding compensation. Couric landed a record-breaking $15-million payday when she signed with CBS.
Captain Chesley Sullenberger, the famed pilot who recently crash landed US Airways flight 1549 after a flock of birds clogged the plane's engines, just got invited to go see another famous plane crash:
Oceanic Airlines flight 815.
TV Guide's Matt Mitovich is reporting that Lost bosses Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse would love to meet "Sully," especially given the circumstances of his extraordinary situation. Sullenberger expertly landed his Airbus A320 in the Hudson River last Thursday, ensuring that all 155 passengers and crew on board survived.
Oceanic pilot Seth Norris was clearly not as lucky.
Personally, I think Lindelof and Cuse should do even better. Give the guy a walk-on role. He could be an old pilot buddy sharing Oceanic conspiracies with Frank Lapidus. Or better yet, he could play a role in what I'm sure will be an interesting sub-plot that's yet to get an complete explanation: Ajira Airways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Madam Secretary's Téa Leoni, EPs Talk Elizabeth's First Scandal, Henry's Spy Game, Staff Bonding and More
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- William Shatner Feels Awful for Having to Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- More From ET