The most persistent rumor has linked her with ABC and that network's plans to fill the Oprah-sized hole in their daytime lineup. Now, it seems as though Couric will indeed be getting her own daytime talk show.
Even though she signed off from 'Evening News' last night, Couric's still under contract with CBS until June 6, so no official announcement about her future is expected for another few days. However, 'The Los Angeles Times' says she's close to signing a deal to launch a new ABC syndicated talk show in the fall of 2012. And, that it may reunite Couric with her former 'Today' colleague, Matt Lauer.
The 'Times' says that while much of the deal has been has been hammered out, there are still outstanding "issues" surrounding compensation. Couric landed a record-breaking $15-million payday when she signed with CBS.
Captain Chesley Sullenberger, the famed pilot who recently crash landed US Airways flight 1549 after a flock of birds clogged the plane's engines, just got invited to go see another famous plane crash:
Oceanic Airlines flight 815.
TV Guide's Matt Mitovich is reporting that Lost bosses Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse would love to meet "Sully," especially given the circumstances of his extraordinary situation. Sullenberger expertly landed his Airbus A320 in the Hudson River last Thursday, ensuring that all 155 passengers and crew on board survived.
Oceanic pilot Seth Norris was clearly not as lucky.
Personally, I think Lindelof and Cuse should do even better. Give the guy a walk-on role. He could be an old pilot buddy sharing Oceanic conspiracies with Frank Lapidus. Or better yet, he could play a role in what I'm sure will be an interesting sub-plot that's yet to get an complete explanation: Ajira Airways.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: Big Jim Creates More Problems When He Finds the Egg
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Reunion Part 2 Recap: Does Tamra Defend Her Actions?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Will the Arrival of Brooks Come Between Sarah and Robert?
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Family Matters
- Time Out! Lifetime's Saved by the Bell Exposé Would Have Us Believe....
- Mistresses Season 2 Finale Recap: Bride Goeth Before a Fall
- Teen Wolf Recap: Third Eye Blind
- Mistresses EP Talks Shocking Season 2 Finale: 'Soap Operas Live and Die on Unforgivable Acts'
- More From TVLine