Children of Men
The film, brilliantly directed by the Mexican filmmaker, was a grim tale about the future -- England in 2027 -- where women have become completely infertile and the human race faces a major crises with less than a century to survive.
Christian Slater is coming back to weekly television.
The actor has signed to star in a new NBC drama called Dirty Little Secrets. He'll play an investigative reporter who tackles the stories that "get swept under the carpet." The show will be produced by Arymyan Bernstein, one of the producers of the acclaimed Clive Owen film Children of Men.
It's good to hear that NBC isn't abandoning scripted shows after canceling so many this season (Kidnapped, Andy Barker, P.I., The Black Donnellys, probably Studio 60, Raines, etc). This new show has an interesting premise. Anything but another reality show or game show, eh?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'The Sound of Music Live'
- 'The X Factor' Predictions: Who Will Be the Top 4?
- 5 Simple Ways 'Reign' Could Avoid Its Heroine's Super Depressing Fate
- 'The Originals': Winners and Losers from 'Reigning Pain in New Orleans'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor': Alex & Sierra on 'Say Something' and Destiny's Child
- ESPN cancels Will Ferrell's 'SportsCenter' appearance, Ron Burgundy reacts
- 'Mob City' premiere: Frank Darabont's noir is nice to look at, but that's about it
- 'Kirstie' premiere: This pedigree should have better comedy
- 'The Tomorrow People' recap: Kidnapping, Dr. Death and John's lies in 'Thanatos'
- More From Zap2it
- Once Upon a Time Casting Mystery: Lost's Rebecca Mader to Play Which Iconic Villainess?
- What to Watch Tonight: Carrie in Sound of Music, Sherlock's Job Insecurity, Reign Siege and More
- Nashville Recap: Friends in Low Places
- American Horror Story: Coven Recap: Head Case
- The X Factor Top 6 Performance Recap: I Stand Here Waiting for You to Bang the Gong [Updated]
- More From TVLine