Children of Men
The film, brilliantly directed by the Mexican filmmaker, was a grim tale about the future -- England in 2027 -- where women have become completely infertile and the human race faces a major crises with less than a century to survive.
Christian Slater is coming back to weekly television.
The actor has signed to star in a new NBC drama called Dirty Little Secrets. He'll play an investigative reporter who tackles the stories that "get swept under the carpet." The show will be produced by Arymyan Bernstein, one of the producers of the acclaimed Clive Owen film Children of Men.
It's good to hear that NBC isn't abandoning scripted shows after canceling so many this season (Kidnapped, Andy Barker, P.I., The Black Donnellys, probably Studio 60, Raines, etc). This new show has an interesting premise. Anything but another reality show or game show, eh?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Gets a Piggy Back Ride From Boyfriend Calvin Harris -- See the Adorable Pic!
- What's the Secret Behind Taylor Swift's Unstoppable Power?
- Jennifer Hudson Readies for Her Broadway Debut in ‘The Color Purple'
- Glory Johnson Announces She's Pregnant With Twins, Ex Brittney Griner Remains Mum
- Photos of Bobbi Kristina Brown in Hospice Care Selling for $100,000
- More From ET