Children of Men
The film, brilliantly directed by the Mexican filmmaker, was a grim tale about the future -- England in 2027 -- where women have become completely infertile and the human race faces a major crises with less than a century to survive.
Christian Slater is coming back to weekly television.
The actor has signed to star in a new NBC drama called Dirty Little Secrets. He'll play an investigative reporter who tackles the stories that "get swept under the carpet." The show will be produced by Arymyan Bernstein, one of the producers of the acclaimed Clive Owen film Children of Men.
It's good to hear that NBC isn't abandoning scripted shows after canceling so many this season (Kidnapped, Andy Barker, P.I., The Black Donnellys, probably Studio 60, Raines, etc). This new show has an interesting premise. Anything but another reality show or game show, eh?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 8?
- Netflix Orders 'Full House' Spinoff
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- More From BuddyTV
- Jon Stewart's Daily Show Exit Date Set
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- More From TVLine
- Kim Richards Takes Responsibility for Arrest: 'The Whole Night Is My Fault'
- Reba McEntire Says ‘We've Gotta Promote These Younger Females' in Country Music
- Cissy Houston Says Bobbi Kristina Has 'Irreversible Brain Damage'
- Star Sightings April 2015
- Cody Simpson Brilliantly Covers Rihanna's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- More From ET