The film, brilliantly directed by the Mexican filmmaker, was a grim tale about the future -- England in 2027 -- where women have become completely infertile and the human race faces a major crises with less than a century to survive.
Christian Slater is coming back to weekly television.
The actor has signed to star in a new NBC drama called Dirty Little Secrets. He'll play an investigative reporter who tackles the stories that "get swept under the carpet." The show will be produced by Arymyan Bernstein, one of the producers of the acclaimed Clive Owen film Children of Men.
It's good to hear that NBC isn't abandoning scripted shows after canceling so many this season (Kidnapped, Andy Barker, P.I., The Black Donnellys, probably Studio 60, Raines, etc). This new show has an interesting premise. Anything but another reality show or game show, eh?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scream Queens Recap: Busy Bodies
- iZombie Boss on Liv's New Roomie, Major's 'Moral Crisis,' Season 2 Villains
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Recap: Lifeline
- Flash Premiere Recap: Flash, Forward — But What's With That Goodbye?
- Fuller House Adds Dallas Troublemaker Juan Pablo Di Pace as Kimmy's Ex
- More From TVLine
- The Dangers of Celebrity Yo-Yo Diet Transformations
- Ariana Grande Kisses Her 'Victorious' Co-Star Elizabeth Gillies and Accidentally Posts the Video
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Kelli Giddish Welcomes First Baby
- EXCLUSIVE: New Couple Alert! 'Empire' Star Serayah Is Dating Rapper Wale
- 'Real Housewives' Star Shannon Beador Reveals Husband David Left Her During His Affair
- More From ET