The film, brilliantly directed by the Mexican filmmaker, was a grim tale about the future -- England in 2027 -- where women have become completely infertile and the human race faces a major crises with less than a century to survive.
Christian Slater is coming back to weekly television.
The actor has signed to star in a new NBC drama called Dirty Little Secrets. He'll play an investigative reporter who tackles the stories that "get swept under the carpet." The show will be produced by Arymyan Bernstein, one of the producers of the acclaimed Clive Owen film Children of Men.
It's good to hear that NBC isn't abandoning scripted shows after canceling so many this season (Kidnapped, Andy Barker, P.I., The Black Donnellys, probably Studio 60, Raines, etc). This new show has an interesting premise. Anything but another reality show or game show, eh?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Donny vs. Brittany in the Week 4 Eviction
- 'Hannibal' at Comic-Con 2014: Is Dr. Chilton Really Dead? And More Season 3 Spoilers
- 'Teen Wolf' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 5 Renewal, Shirtless Derek and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- Teen Wolf @ Comic-Con: Stalia's 'Rocky Road,' Derek's Human Future, Another Major Death and More
- MTV Renews Teen Wolf for Season 5
- Community @ Comic-Con: When Will the Greendale Gang Debut Online?
- NBC to Air Crossbones' Final Two Episodes On a Saturday Night
- More From TVLine