March 27, 2015
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Apr 14th 2010 2:33AM
The Doctor is back, and he's a lot younger than his predecessors.
26-year-old British actor Matt Smith is the eleventh person to take on the intergalactic Time Lord role on 'Doctor Who'; he joins a long line of acclaimed thespians, including David Tennant (who just hung up his Doctor trenchcoat last year), Chris Eccleston, and the legendary Tom Baker, who played Doctor from 1974 to 1981. While Smith looks strangely like a hybrid of Eccleston and Tennant, he brings a youthful energy all his own to the sci-fi show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 7 Reasons 'Downton Abbey' Fans Should Be Watching 'Call the Midwife'
- 'Bones' Poll: Should Brennan Go to Jail for Committing a Felony?
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'Put a Ring On It'
- 'Backstrom' Recap: Has Backstrom Sunk to a New Low?
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Tom Keen Is in a World of Trouble
- More From BuddyTV
- TV's Best & Worst Weddings: Parks Perfection, Buffy Nightmare, Twisty Thrones, a Castle Miss and More
- Arrow Season 2.5 First Look: Oliver and Felicity Exchange Presents
- Hart of Dixie Sneak Peek: The O.C.'s Autumn Reeser Is the New 'Zoe'
- Scandal Recap: The Marrying Man — Plus, 'Sweet Baby' Returns
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- More From TVLine
- Jaime King Cried for '5 Hours' When a Pregnant Kim Kardashian Was Made Fun Of at the Met Gala
- Katy Perry Really Needs a Nap
- 'Outlander' Stars Share Their Best Tips on Getting Through Withdrawal!
- Britney Spears Is Taking Pre-Algebra Classes to Help Her Sons with Their Homework
- Get to Know Left Shark & All of Katy Perry's Hunky Backup Dancers
- More From ET