September 18, 2014
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Apr 14th 2010 2:33AM
The Doctor is back, and he's a lot younger than his predecessors.
26-year-old British actor Matt Smith is the eleventh person to take on the intergalactic Time Lord role on 'Doctor Who'; he joins a long line of acclaimed thespians, including David Tennant (who just hung up his Doctor trenchcoat last year), Chris Eccleston, and the legendary Tom Baker, who played Doctor from 1974 to 1981. While Smith looks strangely like a hybrid of Eccleston and Tennant, he brings a youthful energy all his own to the sci-fi show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Moments: Jax's Path of Retribution
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.2 Photos: All About Dr. Maggie Pierce
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' Premiere Photos
- 'Extant' Season 1 Finale Recap: Everything is at Stake
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 1 of the Final HoH Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- Extant Finale Recap: This Boy Is on Fire
- The Mysteries of Laura: Will You Remain on Debra Messing's Case?
- Red Band Society Premiere Recap: Are These Kids All Right?
- Big Brother Recap: Four the Win
- Idol Judges on Season 14: J.Lo Wants Less Cruelty, Adam Lambert Seeks Artistry, Harry Flinches at 'Geek' Label
- More From TVLine
- Adam Lambert Talks J.Lo Love and Guest Judging on 'Idol'
- Revealing Details from the 'Dating Naked' 'Commitment Ceremony'
- Talk Show Confessions: Why Are TV's Top Hosts Getting So Honest?
- Here's the 'Breaking Bad' Reference You Definitely Missed in 'Godzilla'
- Trust Us, You Need to Watch This Cheesecake Factory Parody of Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy'
- More From ET