September 30, 2014
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Apr 14th 2010 2:33AM
The Doctor is back, and he's a lot younger than his predecessors.
26-year-old British actor Matt Smith is the eleventh person to take on the intergalactic Time Lord role on 'Doctor Who'; he joins a long line of acclaimed thespians, including David Tennant (who just hung up his Doctor trenchcoat last year), Chris Eccleston, and the legendary Tom Baker, who played Doctor from 1974 to 1981. While Smith looks strangely like a hybrid of Eccleston and Tennant, he brings a youthful energy all his own to the sci-fi show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Selfie' Review: Is Insensitive and Narcissistic Eliza Likable?
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Review: Why this Candy-Coated Love Story Is Worth a Few Dates
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- More From BuddyTV
- Faking It's Michael Willett on Shane's Love Life, Lauren's Secret and More
- Video: Andy Samberg's Advice for Mulaney? Nab a 'Killer' Friends Cameo
- Awkward First Look: [Spoiler] Ruins Jenna and Matty's Romantic Reunion
- Forever Sneak Peek: Henry and Jo Take a Skeptical Dip in the Fountain of Youth
- Person of Interest: Amy Acker Ponders 'Her' New Master Plan, Root's Sexuality
- More From TVLine