April 21, 2014
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Apr 14th 2010 2:33AM
The Doctor is back, and he's a lot younger than his predecessors.
26-year-old British actor Matt Smith is the eleventh person to take on the intergalactic Time Lord role on 'Doctor Who'; he joins a long line of acclaimed thespians, including David Tennant (who just hung up his Doctor trenchcoat last year), Chris Eccleston, and the legendary Tom Baker, who played Doctor from 1974 to 1981. While Smith looks strangely like a hybrid of Eccleston and Tennant, he brings a youthful energy all his own to the sci-fi show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'Castle' Interview with Seamus Dever on the 70's Episode: 'People Weren't Recognizing Me'
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- Andi Dorfman Takes a Dig at Juan Pablo in New 'Bachelorette' Poster
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: NBC's Believe, Fox's Cosmos Are Easter Sunday's Only Risers
- Exclusive Bones Video: Has the Ghost Killer Returned (or Is Brennan Just Bonkers)?
- Glee First Look: Shirley MacLaine's Lunch Date With Blaine! Plus — Rachel Berry, TV Star?
- What to Watch Monday: The Voice Goes Live, Castle's In a Disco Daze, Archer Finale and More
- True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps
- More From TVLine