May 6, 2015
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Apr 14th 2010 2:33AM
The Doctor is back, and he's a lot younger than his predecessors.
26-year-old British actor Matt Smith is the eleventh person to take on the intergalactic Time Lord role on 'Doctor Who'; he joins a long line of acclaimed thespians, including David Tennant (who just hung up his Doctor trenchcoat last year), Chris Eccleston, and the legendary Tom Baker, who played Doctor from 1974 to 1981. While Smith looks strangely like a hybrid of Eccleston and Tennant, he brings a youthful energy all his own to the sci-fi show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Grodd Lives'
- 2015 Critics' Choice TV Awards: 'Silicon Valley,' 'Veep,' 'Mom' and 4 More Lead Nominations
- Why 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is Hurting ABC's 'Agents of SHIELD'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 11?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Shadowhunters: Katherine McNamara Tapped to Star as Clary Fray
- Once Upon a Time Bosses Tease Secret Finale Scene, Tackle 'End Date' Topic
- TVLine Items: Tim McGraw's TV Debut, TNT Delays Legends and More
- Pretty Little Liars Premiere Photos: Can Alison Help Her Friends EscApe?
- Grey's Anatomy Photos: Mer vs. Amelia, a New Face, and Catastrophe Strikes!
- More From TVLine
- Cindy Crawford Looks Even More Fabulous Makeup-Free
- Kylie Jenner Finally Reveals the Truth About Her Lips: 'I Have Temporary Lip Fillers'
- Oscar Isaac Talks ‘Moving' Moment at ‘Star Wars Celebration': ‘I Definitely Got Emotional'
- Inside the Belly of the Mayweather-Pacquiao Beast: Boxing, Beyonce and the Search for a Hero
- Natalie Portman Doesn't Care About Her Oscar: It's a 'False Idol'
- More From ET