Who would've thunk it? When Family Guy premiered back in 1999(!) many people tossed it away as a pale imitation of The Simpsons and kind of ignored it. Who knew that eight years later, at the start of the show's 6th season, Seth MacFarlane and his crew would be able to get the approval of George Lucas himself to air a spoof of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. It shows how far Family Guy has come since it returned to the prime-time airwaves.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.4 Photos: What Does Wes Find Out About Rebecca's 'Disappearance'?
- 'Bones' Recap: A Grieving and Ballsy Hero Comes Home
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Maybe Baby
- Bones Boss on [Spoiler]'s Split, New Loves, Reigniting Booth/Brennan's Fire
- Vampire Diaries Premiere: EP Explains Enzo's Choice, Caroline's Confession and the Salvatores' Future Threat
- Pretty Little Liars' New Intro: See All 5 Girls in the Season 6B Title Sequence
- The Voice: Pre-Battle Rounds Rankings for Each Season 9 Team
- More From TVLine
- Nick Cannon's Kids Took Him to Chuck E. Cheese's for His 35th Birthday and It's Adorable
- Snooki Gets Candid About Her Post-Birth Bod: It Was 'Just a Big, Black Hole'
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt on Life as a New Dad: 'It Makes Me Really Happy'
- Jack Black on Losing His Brother to AIDS: 'The Worst Thing I Can Possibly Imagine'
- Are Drake and Serena Williams Engaged? Not So Fast...
- More From ET