April 28, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 13th 2009 4:15AM
(S04E05) I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but sometimes I wonder if we don't have more people reading TV Squad than Heroes has viewers. And so I want to keep reminding fallen fans who may have jumped ship over the past two not-so-great seasons that things are going much better this season.
There's a better balance in each episode than there's been. In the past few weeks, we've been sticking to mostly three storylines per week. This time around, we checked in on Peter, Claire and Sylar (after his unearthing last week). They're allowing the characters room to breathe and be themselves, rather than just rushing into the next adventure.
It was character growth and development that I'd missed the most, and we're finally getting it. Zachary Quinto was fantastic this episode, and even Hayden Panettiere showed an inkling of range. Oh, who am I kidding, she was as wooden as ever, but that's why we like her ... right? That kind of looks like a cardboard cut-out up there, doesn't it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Flash Preview: 10 Things to Know About Tonight's Super 'Trap'
- Flesh and Bone Trailer: Starz Ballet Drama Shows the Dark Side of Dance
- Grey's Anatomy Adds Mentalist Alum Joe Adler for Season-Ending Arc
- American Idol's Quentin Alexander on His Most Inventive Performances, Wildest Outfits and Favorite Mentor
- Ratings: Stalker Returns Up After Nine-Week Hiatus, Tops The Following
- More From TVLine
- Adam Lambert on Career Highs and Paving the Way for Gay Artists: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Surprise Royal Baby Fans With Breakfast, Did They Reveal It's a Girl?
- EXCLUSIVE! 'New Girl' Sneak Peek: Schmidt Admits He's a 'Sick Man' Who Hates Panties!
- 'Star Trek' Actress Alice Eve: Bruce Jenner Is 'Playing at Being a Woman'
- Meet G.E.M.: The Chinese Pop Star About to Take Over America
- More From ET