September 23, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 13th 2009 4:15AM
(S04E05) I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but sometimes I wonder if we don't have more people reading TV Squad than Heroes has viewers. And so I want to keep reminding fallen fans who may have jumped ship over the past two not-so-great seasons that things are going much better this season.
There's a better balance in each episode than there's been. In the past few weeks, we've been sticking to mostly three storylines per week. This time around, we checked in on Peter, Claire and Sylar (after his unearthing last week). They're allowing the characters room to breathe and be themselves, rather than just rushing into the next adventure.
It was character growth and development that I'd missed the most, and we're finally getting it. Zachary Quinto was fantastic this episode, and even Hayden Panettiere showed an inkling of range. Oh, who am I kidding, she was as wooden as ever, but that's why we like her ... right? That kind of looks like a cardboard cut-out up there, doesn't it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Reign' Season 2 Cast Portraits
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Do Abbie and Ichabod Escape Their Grim Fates?
- 'The Voice' Season 7 Premiere Recap: Gwen and Pharrell Get in the Game
- 'Gotham' Premiere Recap: James Gordon Loses His Innocence
- More From BuddyTV
- Breaking Down The Dance Numbers: 'DWTS' Recap
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce From Bruce After 23 Years of Marriage
- 'The Voice' Season 7 Premiere: Find Out Which Coach Has the Best Team So Far!
- Bill Clinton on Becoming a Grandfather: I Feel Like I'm in Labor
- 10 Reasons We're Still Pissed About 'Lost' 10 Years Later
- More From ET