NBC has had it pretty easy for the last fifteen years where Thursday nights at 10, 9 Central, are concerned. ER was locked in, and for the better part of that run was a dominant force. Now that the show is finally coming to an end, they need to start grooming a replacement. It looks like it could be a case of meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
ER executive producer, John Wells, has set up a new show, LAPD, at the network. It's an ensemble show that will follow the lives of police officers in Los Angeles and will be written by Ann Biderman. That's a solid choice as she won an Emmy for her work on NYPD Blue. The network has ordered a pilot and casting has begun. Another ER alum, Christopher Chulack, is on board to direct. Can it replace ER? Probably not completely. Remember, ER had a run as the number one show on television. That kind of success is hard to come by. Still, given the talent involved, it is something to look forward to.
[ via Cynopsis ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 10: Vanessa's 3rd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Paul Starts a War
- 'Project Runway' Recap: All is Fair in Fashion and Paintball War
- 'Mistresses' Season 3 Finale Recap: Will the Ladies Get Some Happy Endings?
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: The Second Live Double Eviction
- More From BuddyTV
- Rookie Blue Boss on Series Finale-Like Ending, Andy and Sam's Wedding, [Spoiler]'s Goodbye and Season 7
- Mistresses Finale: EPs Talk Crazy Killer Reveal, Karen's Alternate Fate and (Fingers Crossed) Season 4 Plans
- Parks and Rec Producers Re-Team for Interracial Family Comedy at NBC
- Blacklist Bosses Talk 'Different Feel' of Season 3 — Plus: Watch a New Trailer
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 6 Promo Features Pirates, Prisoners... and a Proposal?
- More From TVLine
- Jessa Seewald Shares New Pic of Growing 8-Month Baby Bump
- Behati Prinsloo Shares Adam Levine's Adorable Shirtless Cooking Mishap
- How Hilaria Baldwin Lost All That Baby Weight in Just 10 Weeks
- Emily Ratajkowski Is Over the 'Blurred Lines' Music Video
- Kylie Jenner Debuts Blonde Brows While Kendall Jenner Strips Down to Her Underwear!
- More From ET