Garry was on 'Extra' promoting his new romantic comedy 'Valentine's Day' and revealed the 'Laverne & Shirley' dream casting: Jennifer Garner and Jessica Biel. That's right. This pair of Shotz Brewery factory employees -- who live in a basement apartment in 1960 Milwaukee and struggle to find the men of their dreams -- would be played by two of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. Is that a cynical way of looking at it? Yes, it is.
(S01E01/S01E02) To be honest, I was sold on this one long before we finally got a look at what the Drive team has been working on all this time. I count myself as a Tim Minear fan, so his involvement was enough to get me interested. Add in a cast including Nathan Fillion (Firefly), Melanie Lynskey (Two And A Half Men), Kevin Alejandro (Sleeper Cell), Kristin Lehman (Tilt), Dylan Baker (The Book Of Daniel), and Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow), and you really have something.
Now here's an odd little news item.
TV Land president Larry Jones says that a new TV show is in the works featuring former Laverne & Shirley stars Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams. The two would play themselves and live in Marshall's house, where the show would be filmed.
This could be ... interesting -- or an utter disaster. But it does bring up a fun question: what other former TV pals would you like to see in a reality show? How about Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore living together? How about Jerry Mathers and Tony Dow? Jack Klugman and Tony Randall would be great, but Randall passed away several years ago.
Readers? Maybe Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt would be up for it.
[via Pop Candy]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Not So Fast Pass Rankings: How the Mighty Have Fallen
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Recap: Which Team Wins?
- 'Homeland' Recap: Brody's Allegiance is Questioned
- 'Revenge' Recap: Two Fiances are Better Than One
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Blacklist,''Supernatural,''Glee,' and more of the best lines on TV this week
- 'Breaking the Faith': Worldly education in Salt Lake City
- 'The Mentalist' - 'Green Thumb': Back where we started
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 11 'Big Man in Tehran' recap: Brody chooses a side
- 'Amazing Race' 24 is all-stars: Which teams are returning?
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Monday: The Sing-Off Returns, Sleepy Fall Finale, Christmas Light Fight and More
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Curses, Foiled Again!
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- More From TVLine