Garry was on 'Extra' promoting his new romantic comedy 'Valentine's Day' and revealed the 'Laverne & Shirley' dream casting: Jennifer Garner and Jessica Biel. That's right. This pair of Shotz Brewery factory employees -- who live in a basement apartment in 1960 Milwaukee and struggle to find the men of their dreams -- would be played by two of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. Is that a cynical way of looking at it? Yes, it is.
(S01E01/S01E02) To be honest, I was sold on this one long before we finally got a look at what the Drive team has been working on all this time. I count myself as a Tim Minear fan, so his involvement was enough to get me interested. Add in a cast including Nathan Fillion (Firefly), Melanie Lynskey (Two And A Half Men), Kevin Alejandro (Sleeper Cell), Kristin Lehman (Tilt), Dylan Baker (The Book Of Daniel), and Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow), and you really have something.
Now here's an odd little news item.
TV Land president Larry Jones says that a new TV show is in the works featuring former Laverne & Shirley stars Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams. The two would play themselves and live in Marshall's house, where the show would be filmed.
This could be ... interesting -- or an utter disaster. But it does bring up a fun question: what other former TV pals would you like to see in a reality show? How about Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore living together? How about Jerry Mathers and Tony Dow? Jack Klugman and Tony Randall would be great, but Randall passed away several years ago.
Readers? Maybe Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt would be up for it.
[via Pop Candy]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- 'Resurrection' Recap: What Secret Does Margaret Know?
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET