'People' reports that '80s warbler and star of such awesome TV movies as 'Mega Python vs. Gatoroid'
They'll be sitting in the boardroom alongside previously announced contestants Cheryl Tiegs and Marco Andretti. And that's not all: 'Real Housewives' star Teresa "Table Flipper" Giudice and writer Victoria Gotti are also said to have joined the cast.
Grayson and Kim were suspicious when they interviewed Tyler, finding out that he left Irina on good terms. She didn't max out his credit cards and returned the engagement ring. "I felt terrible, but after a couple of months I just realized she wasn't right for me," said Tyler.
"If I sing in the house he gets upset and tells me to be quiet," said Aiken. "Or if I sing along with the TV, 'Don't sing.'" The odd part is, when they get into the car, Parker loves to hear his dad's CD. "Which is so much more miserable for me," said Aiken. "I would rather sing than have to hear myself. I don't want to listen to myself. But he's very insistent, so I listen to myself a lot more in the car than I care to."
Watch the video after the jump.
My favorite part about the very beginning of an 'American Idol' results show is guessing who's going to go home. According to our poll from last night's episode, most of you think that it's Didi Benami's turn to leave the stage. While I can definitely understand that rationale -- she has been murdered by the judges for the past few weeks, after all -- I disagree. Even though he did a good job last night, I kind of feel that Lee DeWyze should go home, if for no other reason than the fact that I completely forget he's on the show every week.
Before we get to the actual results, though, there's a lot of other stuff that we have to get through: namely a rally weird 'Clash of the Titans' product placement that opens the show, as well as a performance from 'Idol's' forgotten winner, Ruben Studdard. We learn a few interesting things during this performance: Ruben has lost a pretty substantial amount of weight, and he's going on tour this summer with his 'Idol' runner-up, Clay Aiken. So what do you guys think? Is this tour going to be a fun show, or just two guys trying to recapture the limelight?
Susan will appear on QVC on November 4 to launch her debut album I Dreamed a Dream. If you tune in, you'll see Susan talking about the CD -- it doesn't sound like she'll be singing live -- but they'll spin some cuts and urge you to order.
If you do, there'll be a bonus DVD of rare footage that you'll get along with the eclectic batch of songs she's recorded. How eclectic? Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses," The Monkees' "Daydream Believer," Madonna's "You'll See" and, of course, from Les Miserables, "I Dreamed A Dream."
Guest stars include Elvis Costello, Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow, Maroon 5's Adam Levine and Clay Aiken. The clip below reveals some shocking truths about some of these famous crooners, including Aiken's relation to NBC page Kenneth Parcell.
Among the A-listers you'll see this season: a daytime TV queen (Elisabeth Hasselbeck), a 'Star Trek' icon (Leonard Nimoy) and a two-time Oscar winner (Jodie Foster) who will finally let Maggie Simpson do the talking.
Check out our guest stars gallery to see when all of Hollywood's finest will be sweeping their way onto your favorite TV shows.
Welcome back to "AI Aftermath," where we explore Idol's past. Each installment, as one more American Idol hopeful is eliminated from the competition, we take a look back at contestants past who were eliminated at the same point. We'll examine how they did on the show and what they've been up to since their eliminations. In honor of David Archuleta's elimination in the finale, we'll be looking at other second place finishers.
This week: 2nd place finishers, featuring featuring Justin Guarini (Season One), Clay Aiken (Season Two), Diana DeGarmo (Season Three), Bo Bice (Season Four), Katharine McPhee (Season Five) and Blake Lewis (Season Six).
With Clay Aiken having wrapped up his run as Sir Robin in Spamalot, the Idol quotient on Broadway was down. Fortunately for theatergoers, it's Taylor Hicks to the rescue. Kind of. He's a bit of a step down from Clay Aiken, isn't he? I mean, Clay's new album debuted at number four, and Taylor was dropped from his label.
Whichever way you see it, Hicks will be joining the cast of Grease to take on the role of Teen Angel. Should you be in the area, you can head over to the Brooks Atkinson Theater and hear his version of "Beauty School Dropout." An interesting TV side-note, this production of Grease stars Laura Osnes and Max Crumm. You may remember them as being the winners of the ill-fated NBC show, You're The One That I Want.
Clay Aiken's career track is an interesting one. For someone with my musical tastes and interests, he virtually disappeared after his season of American Idol was over. His act is really just not for me. Unlike so many other also-rans from the show though, a couple times a year, he pops up again. Clay is performing here. He's sold another million albums there. And along the way he's managed to build one of the most devoted fan bases anyone could ask for.
That brings us to the latest rise of Clay on to the radar for the rest of us. He's kicking off the release of his fourth studio album next Monday, with an appearance on QVC. I'm reminded of Arsenio and the old "things that make you go hmmm" bit. I'm not sure I get it, but we should probably just not question Clay's judgment. He seems to be doing alright. He's never going to have the media exposure of Kelly Clarkson, but he's not going to just fade away either.
[ via E! Online ]
But MJ's Big Blog has what you need. No more aimless driving around America shouting "Can anyone tell me where Gina Glocksen is performing tonight?" or "Has anyone seen Jessica Sierra, she still owes me bail money?" Now you can go to one place and plan your journey like the Deadheads before you. Now you can follow Ace Young as he travels around various Borders signing Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul, and you can catch Diana DeGarmo at the Braves opener. Oh, and if you're in Atlanta at Kroger tonight, look up Melinda Doolittle, buy some ice cream and tell her I said "Hi."
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Kim Kardashian is my new favorite source of embarrassingly stupid news.
- Billy Crystal won't be taking over Conan's time slot, but that doesn't mean he won't be hosting a late-night talk show.
- Clay Aiken will be appearing on Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? to raise money for a charity.
The bad news tonight was that none of the comedians had the 80's comic uniform on: jeans, skinny-tie, and sports coat with the sleeves rolled up. I would have liked to see that.
The good news? Well, tonight's episode was actually kind of enjoyable...
Today on TV Squad Daily: Trying to see things from their point of view....
- Clay Aiken is that guy you don't want sitting behind you on a plane. And no, not because he sings.
- Katie Couric got all slappin'-mad over the word "sputum." Eww.
- Kathy Griffin is on the shortlist for the hosting spot on The View, but only if the price is right.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Khloe Kardashian Talks Sex Life with French Montana
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Looks Funnier Than the First
- Morgan Freeman Sucks Down Helium on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Veronica Mars' Takes Top Prize At The MTVu Fandom Awards!
- From Wizard To Demon: Daniel Radcliffe Gets Devilish In Creepy New 'Horns' Poster
- More From ET