In fact, at times I was put off by the chicanery. However, there's an old adage in show business (or maybe it's just movies?) that says, audiences will forgive you for anything if you give them a good finish. The Closer delivered by that measure in every respect. The big climax reveals are after the jump, so if you haven't watched the show yet, you've been warned.
The seriousness of the episode was really serious. The seemingly strange actions of some Valley Oak high schoolers were tied to the original victim, a guy who'd blown himself up with a pipe bomb. In this first act, even as fear of the building going up in an explosion was real, Brenda's comical exasperation was disarming.
While it's noble of her to talk about depression-- a disease which still has a negative stigma-- the swinging upside down is just plain funny to watch.
Rosie swings upside down - video after the jump:
As much as some of us would like to rise above the media saturation that inevitably follows certain events (the recent death of Anna Nicole Smith being one example), it's not always an easy thing to do. Unfortunately, by the time the media coverage has receded and we can begin looking at the situation with better clarity, the focus has already shifted to the next Big Story.
The FG team went back to familiar territory this week, bringing us another "Road to..." episode. If you close your eyes really tight, you can almost see the eventual special edition DVD commercial. Like "Road to Rhode Island" and "Road to Europe" before it, this one was split into two separate stories that had virtually nothing to do with each other. And also like those that came before, I preferred the Stewie and Brian story.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Season 3 Premiere: 19 Moments from Joy to Misery in 'New Blood'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.15 Photos: Unlikely Alliances
- 'The 100' Episode 2.15 Photos: Time for a Battle!
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Has Jimmy Discovered His Calling?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Which Coach Makes a Major Comeback?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt
- More From TVLine
- Sad News, Jared Leto Cut Off His Beautiful Long Hair
- Maggie Smith to Leave 'Downton Abbey': 'I Certainly Can't Keep Going'
- Lady Gaga to Taylor Swift: 'Your Prince Charming Will Come!'
- America Has Spoken: George Clooney Is the Most Stylish Man of All Time!
- 'Married at First Sight': Reality Stunt or Legitimate Matchmaking?
- More From ET