Missy Chase Lapine, author of the cookbook 'The Sneaky Chef,' is suing Jerry Seinfeld for remarks he made about her on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' a couple of years ago. I watched that episode, as Seinfeld made a few jokes about her, including calling her a 'wacko' and hinting that she might be a stalker and crazy because she goes by three names. As I mentioned a while back, it was obvious that was going to cause some trouble.
Lapine already sued the Seinfelds and their publishing company for supposedly stealing ideas from her book for Jessica Seinfeld's book 'Deceptively Delicious' (both books had similar angles to them). That suit was dismissed.
I'm sure Seinfeld would like any promotion for 'The Marriage Ref,' but I'm equally sure he just wants this to go away as quickly as possible.
The judge said that, yeah, there are similarities between the two books but not enough to prove Lapine's case.
MCEDev is working on a recipe application for Media Center PCs in the kitchen. You can use the PC to watch TV or listen to music, or you can flip to a recipe page and follow instructions for baking an Apple Pie. In addition to recipes, you'll get step by step instructions with photographs.
MCEDev is working with adnotam, a company that's selling Media Center systems built into kitchen furniture, with a mirrored display. In other words, if your PC is off you'll see a mirror. If it's powered up, you'll have a video display.
The cookbook application should be available soon.
[via Ian Dixon]
Remember that sketch from The State when they caught and ate Muppets for dinner? Apparently there are no recipes for actually Muppet dishes in the upcoming book C is for Cooking: Recipes from the Street, but it will have different meals, treats and desserts you and your kids can make together. The recipes will consist of food that children enjoy, and also offer nutritional tips. Characters like Elmo, Cookie Monster and Grover will pop up throughout the book, and, coolest of all I think, the book has special steps labeled that kids can do themselves. If you have kids, or if you like to prepare meals and pretend you have children, I say get your hands on this book. Then carry it to the checkout and give the book store money for it. Then leave. Then get in your car and drive home. The book comes out next April.
[via Muppet News Flash]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Elementary Boss: After Kitty's Exit, Sherlock and Watson Must 'Evolve'
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Breaking Bad Star Anna Gunn
- HTGAWM Stars on the Arrival of Sam's [Spoiler], Future of The Keating 5: 'There's a Teeter-Totter of Trust'
- Parenthood Finale: Show Boss Talks Flash-Forward Surprises, Deleted Scenes and That FNL Cameo
- Scandal Returns: The 7 Craziest Reveals About Olivia's Vanishing
- More From TVLine
- Suge Knight Arrested for Murder After Deadly Car Crash
- Sundance Standout 'Stanford Prison Experiment' Is Intense, Almost Too Real
- Shakira Welcomes Baby No. 2?
- Missy Elliott Will 'Work It' with Katy Perry at the Super Bowl!
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck Defend Tom Brady in 'Deflate Gate' Spoof
- More From ET