March 30, 2015
by Julia Ward, posted Jan 26th 2007 8:36PM
Oprah's Book Club is back. Like a phoenix from the ashes of the James Frey debacle, Oprah has returned, and this time she's got a veritable saint by her side in the form of acclaimed actor and activist Sidney Poitier. When your book club's burned by a guy who made a bunch of crap up, what better way to go than with the autobiography of a person who has lived most of his adult life in the public eye. It also doesn't hurt that the guy's golden. Short of some cantankerous ghostwriter coming forward, Poitier and his autobiographical tome The Measure of a Man are beyond criticism. He also lacks any particular literary pretenses so he's not going to pull a Jonathan Franzen, who requested that his book The Corrections be struck from the Winfrey record.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Rumor: Is Nick Viall Joining Season 11?
- 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Star Patti Stanger Witnessed 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer's Husband Cheating
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Everybody Wants a Piece of Alicia Following the Election
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Far Does Emily Go to Clear Daniel's Name?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Does Alexandria Need Rick Grimes?
- More From BuddyTV
- Justin Timberlake Tears Up Thanking Wife Jessica Biel at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Hugh Jackman Says He's Only Playing Wolverine 'One Last Time'
- Rihanna Performs 'BBHMM' at iHeartRadio Awards, and It's Amazing!
- Star Sightings March 2015
- Jamie Foxx Slammed for 'Transphobic' Bruce Jenner Jokes
- More From ET