October 21, 2014
by Julia Ward, posted Jan 26th 2007 8:36PM
Oprah's Book Club is back. Like a phoenix from the ashes of the James Frey debacle, Oprah has returned, and this time she's got a veritable saint by her side in the form of acclaimed actor and activist Sidney Poitier. When your book club's burned by a guy who made a bunch of crap up, what better way to go than with the autobiography of a person who has lived most of his adult life in the public eye. It also doesn't hurt that the guy's golden. Short of some cantankerous ghostwriter coming forward, Poitier and his autobiographical tome The Measure of a Man are beyond criticism. He also lacks any particular literary pretenses so he's not going to pull a Jonathan Franzen, who requested that his book The Corrections be struck from the Winfrey record.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- 'The Flash' Episode 4 Photos: Captain Cold and Felicity Come to Town
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.5 Photos: Regina and Emma Search for the Snow Queen
- More From BuddyTV
- Sleepy Hollow's Founding Mother Is... Buffy Vet Michelle Trachtenberg!
- Revolution Alum Joins Bates Motel
- The Walking Dead's Chad Coleman Tapped for SVU's NFL Violence Episode
- The Flash First Look: Arrow's Felicity Helps Barry Ice Out Captain Cold
- Revenge First Look: Nolan's Tense Reunion With David Revealed
- More From TVLine
- Chrissy Teigen Launches Apple Pay with Visa in NYC
- Young the Giant Reveals the Happy Accident That 'Makes Us a Stronger Band'
- SF Giants vs KC Royals: Whose Team Are These Celebs On?
- EXCLUSIVE: The Witch is Back — It's a 'Sabrina' Reunion on 'Melissa & Joey' Halloween Special!
- Taylor Swift Needs Bodyguards to Protect Her From Murderers and Kidnappers
- More From ET