by Julia Ward, posted Jan 26th 2007 8:36PM
Oprah's Book Club is back. Like a phoenix from the ashes of the James Frey debacle, Oprah has returned, and this time she's got a veritable saint by her side in the form of acclaimed actor and activist Sidney Poitier. When your book club's burned by a guy who made a bunch of crap up, what better way to go than with the autobiography of a person who has lived most of his adult life in the public eye. It also doesn't hurt that the guy's golden. Short of some cantankerous ghostwriter coming forward, Poitier and his autobiographical tome The Measure of a Man are beyond criticism. He also lacks any particular literary pretenses so he's not going to pull a Jonathan Franzen, who requested that his book The Corrections be struck from the Winfrey record.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Season Finale Photos: What Happens Now?
- 'Almost Human' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Homeland' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Jury Watch: Why 'Rustling' Feathers was Great for Everyone (Except Katie)
- [Video] 'Scandal' Sneak Peek: Olivia's Mom Spills on How She's Alive
- More From BuddyTV
- HBO's 'True Detective' poster is stylized and gorgeous
- 'Orange Is the New Black' and 'Breaking Bad' score in Writers Guild Awards nominations
- 'The Sound of Music Live's' Carrie Underwood: 'What did I get myself into?'
- 'Girl Meets World' set photo shows hidden Mr. Feeny message
- Spice Girl Mel B eats Funyuns in 'The Eric Andre Show' first look clip
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Heather Morris Returns for Glee 100, Southland Vet Cops Beast-ly Gig and More!
- Breaking Bad, Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards Lead 2014 WGA Nominations
- Scoop: Community Casts Chris Elliott as Greendale's Mysterious [Spoiler]
- Ratings: Survivor and Flash-y Arrow Hit Highs, All ABC Sitcoms Slip, X Factor Rises
- Once Upon a Time Casting Mystery: Lost's Rebecca Mader to Play Which Iconic Villainess?
- More From TVLine