May 29, 2015
by Julia Ward, posted Dec 20th 2006 2:27PM
I'm not the kind of person who gets her panties in a twist over a favorite book being brought to the screen, a movie being turned into a television series or Shakespeare getting a modern revamp. Different mediums. Different stories. Different times. In the hands of the right artist, you get an equally exciting cultural product to hug, love, squeeze and call "George." Even crappy re-tellings don't have to denigrate the original. They're not necessary - High Fidelity didn't need to be a Broadway musical; Gus Van Sant didn't need to remake Psycho shot-for-shot; and no one needs to see The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. But, for the most part, these things come and go. They haven't bothered me any... until now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 21 Best Finale Cliffhangers of the 2014-2015 TV Season
- 15 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2015
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'The Whispers' Season Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'UnREAL' Cast Photos: Meet the Bachelor, Contestants and Production Folks from 'Everlasting'
- More From BuddyTV
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- TVLine Items: Married Parents Cast, Oil Renamed, GH's New Dillon and More
- HBO's Clarence Thomas Movie Casts Greg Kinnear (as Biden), J-Hud, Others
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner Lands July Cover of 'Vanity Fair'
- The Charity Work You Didn't Know Kim Kardashian Was Doing
- Singer Sarah Blackwood on Being Booted From United Flight: 'A Big Mess Over Nothing'
- Miranda Lambert Has the Most Badass Response to a Sexist Country Radio Exec
- 13 Best Pieces of Advice From 2015 Celebrity Commencement Speeches
- More From ET