July 1, 2015
by Julia Ward, posted Dec 20th 2006 2:27PM
I'm not the kind of person who gets her panties in a twist over a favorite book being brought to the screen, a movie being turned into a television series or Shakespeare getting a modern revamp. Different mediums. Different stories. Different times. In the hands of the right artist, you get an equally exciting cultural product to hug, love, squeeze and call "George." Even crappy re-tellings don't have to denigrate the original. They're not necessary - High Fidelity didn't need to be a Broadway musical; Gus Van Sant didn't need to remake Psycho shot-for-shot; and no one needs to see The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. But, for the most part, these things come and go. They haven't bothered me any... until now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Guide To Getting Back Out There After Their 10-Year Marriage
- Jennie Garth Shows Off Her Giant New Rose Tattoo in a Bikini
- Brandi Glanville Talks Playing the Villain on 'Real Housewives,' Reveals Her Salary
- Beyonce Celebrates Marriage Equality in a Rainbow Bikini -- Watch the Colorful Video!
- Kylie Jenner Moves Into Her $2.7 Million Mansion That Exists to Make You Feel Bad About Your Life
- More From ET