August 20, 2014
by Julia Ward, posted Dec 20th 2006 2:27PM
I'm not the kind of person who gets her panties in a twist over a favorite book being brought to the screen, a movie being turned into a television series or Shakespeare getting a modern revamp. Different mediums. Different stories. Different times. In the hands of the right artist, you get an equally exciting cultural product to hug, love, squeeze and call "George." Even crappy re-tellings don't have to denigrate the original. They're not necessary - High Fidelity didn't need to be a Broadway musical; Gus Van Sant didn't need to remake Psycho shot-for-shot; and no one needs to see The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. But, for the most part, these things come and go. They haven't bothered me any... until now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 3?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 6 Predictions: Which 2 Dancers Will Go Home?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 5 to Advance from the Quarterfinals?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Halt and Catch Fire Gets Season 2
- Saved By the Bell Turns 25: Tara Reid and 14 Other Forgotten Guest Stars
- Jessie's Debby Ryan Reflects on Her 'Fulfilling,' Landmark Directing Debut
- The Walking Dead Video: The Carol-Tyreese Horror You Didn't See!
- Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia's King Tut Event Series
- More From TVLine
- Duggar Baby News! Jill Dillard Is Pregnant
- Zoe Saldana Finally Confirms Pregnancy with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'A Dame To Kill For' Stars Share Secrets of Survival in 'Sin City'
- Birthday Girl Amy Adams' 7 Highest Rated Movies
- 'Community,' 'Arrested Development' & Other Major TV Comebacks
- More From ET