Danica told People magazine, "I'm nearing the end of my first trimester and I'm so excited – I've been bursting to tell people." The 35-year-old veteran of 'The Wonder Years' -- and brainiac mathematician -- has been working on a new book, her third, called 'Hot X: Algebra Exposed.' It comes out in August if you're ready to pre-order it!
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com, or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479. Your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have spoilers for: 90210, Bones, Chuck, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, The Mentalist, and Ugly Betty. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
Note that Spoilers Anonymous will go on a small hiatus for the Holidays. The next column will be published on January 8, 2010.
A couple of years ago, TV Squad put Danica In the Limelight. Ryan learned that Danica had graduated Summa cum Laude from UCLA with a degree in Mathematics. She is the McKellar in the Chayes-McKellar-Winn Theorem.
Here's where it gets funky:
The movie version of Inspector Mom airs on November 18th at 8 pm. Then the mystery moves to the internet, LMN.tv, where 8 short video segments will be released through April.
If you're not into math books for middle school girls (and I would totally question you if you were), you can see McKellar soon on the Lifetime series, Inspector Mom, and on her new Yoga DVDs, Daily Dose of Dharma. You just saw the word 'yoga' and forgot everything I wrote about math, didn't you?
[Via TV Tattle]
If you were a fan of The Wonder Years back in the late 1980's and early 1990's, you probably had a bit of a crush on Danica McKellar, who played Winnie Cooper, the on-again, off-again girlfriend of Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage). And, after the show ended in 1993, you probably thought that she would go on to bigger and better things. Instead, she dashed your hopes by dropping out of the entertainment business for a bit while she completed her degree in mathematics from UCLA. She came back recently in shows such as NCIS, How I Met Your Mother, and, in a recurring role, The West Wing. But, that still wasn't enough. You wanted more Danica.
Danica started acting early, with a couple of guest appearences on The Twilight Zone, before landing the role of Winnie on The Wonder Years. The show had a great, award winning five year run, but once it ended, Danica did what many child stars fail to do: bow out gracefully. Besides doing a few voiceovers for cartoons, Ms. McKellar spent the next couple of years at UCLA. In 1998, she graduated from there Summa cum Laude, with a degree in Mathematics. Remember the next time you use the Chayes-McKellar-Winn Theorem, because she actually discovered that! Yea, I've never used it either and I have no idea what it means.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who Was the Baddest Character in Season 4?
- 'American Idol': Ranking the Winners' Coronation Songs
- More From BuddyTV
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Ann and Nancy Wilson bring the Heart
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison to make her Grand Ole Opry debut on June 4
- Mariah Carey did not lip-sync on 'American Idol,' according to her rep
- TV ratings: 'Nikita' finale rises slightly while 'Shark Tank' dominates a night of news and reruns
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 finale: Watch Matt Smith, Jenna-Louise Coleman introduce 'Name of the Doctor' and the prequel episode
- More From Zap2it
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Doctor Is Out, Ben Affleck on SNL, Simpsons Finale and More
- Exclusive First Look: The Goodwin Games Cast Takes Part in a Violent Beatdown!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Nikita's Maggie Q
- Exclusive First Look: AMC's New Showville Puts Spotlight on Townie Talent
- More From TVLine