Thankfully, Hodgman isn't the only man coming to the U.S.A.'s defense. John Lloyd, the show's executive producer, feels the same way so much so that he was willing to interrupt his vacation in Turkey to chat with me about it.
"Garth Ancier (BBC America chief) is convinced that Americans 'won't get it'," Lloyd said in an email. "We disagree (of course!)."
Back in January, I mentioned that actor/writer Adam De La Pena (I'm with Busey, Crank Yankers, Minoriteam) was creating an animated series for G4 called Code Monkeys. Well, the series will debut July 11, and based on the seconds-long promos I've been seeing, it looks pretty cool.
The series is animated in the 8-bit style of retro video games, with blocky backgrounds and characters who move as if being controlled by some unseen entity with a magical joystick. The main characters, Dave and Jerry, are game coders who occupy this bizarre pixel-y world.
I love the idea, but I also played a lot of video games in the '80s and '90s, so I'm excited to see how many of the show's inside jokes I'll comprehend. My only worry is that the series might be too much of a "niche show," much like Minoriteam was, and it won't attract a wide audience.
At the end of last week's performance, Chris reportedly said, "Hi Dave." David Della Terza is the man behind VFTW, a snarky website he founded in 2004. Dave was thrilled by Sligh's on-air acknowledgement. But the Idol producers were not amused. According to Dave, the producers edited out the "Hi Dave" when the show aired in England.
A superficial way to pick a favorite? Maybe, but it's a reality show, edited to show drama and not everything that happens in the competition, so how else can we judge?
You'll find the podcast enclosed in the feed of this post, you can subscribe via our podcast feed (link), and here's a direct link (here) to the 20MB file running exactly 46 minutes. You can also subscribe to our podcast via the iTunes Music Store (link).
Please let us know what you think in the comments.
Come back tonight and join me and all of the other Lost fanatics as we watch and discuss the show live. Come right back here, to this very post, at 8pm ET, and that's when I'll unveil the location for the super secret chat room. As with all of our chats, you need to have AIM or a compatible chatting client to join the room. Make sure you stop by our Lost pre-game show before joining us today and sound off about what you think is going to happen tonight. See you at 8!
Come one, come all; here is the secret location for our Lost Chat! See you inside.
Disclaimer: All or parts of the discussion in this chatroom may be posted in a later column on this site.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 15 Best Batman Villains from TV and Film
- 'The Walking Dead': 19 Moments of Family, Forgiveness, and Feast from 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 17 Moments of Dating, Darkness and Blackmail from 'The Apprentice'
- FOX Orders Ryan Murphy Comedy-Horror Show 'Scream Queens'
- 'RHONYC': Bethenny Frankel is Officially Returning for Season 7
- More From BuddyTV
- The Flash Recruits General Hospital's Roger Howarth for Recurring Role
- American Dad on TBS: What to Expect From the Big Move (Besides F-Bombs)
- The Blacklist Photos: What Will Land Liz in the Hospital?
- TVLine Items: Housewives Star Joins Good Witch, Chrisley Renewed & More
- Arrow Casts Vinnie Jones as 'Brick'
- More From TVLine
- Whoa! We're Giving Away a Gift Bag Worth Over $3K
- 5 Stars Who Started in Horror Movies
- Jake Gyllenhaal Runs Like a Coyote, Loses 30 Pounds for Nightcrawler!
- Mariah Carey Proves She Can Still Hit Those High Notes - and Clean House -- in Bizarre Video
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Selfie' Sneak Peek: Watch Eliza Hilariously Try (And Fail) at Babysitting!
- More From ET