Fans of comedy like myself waited with baited breath to see what their favorite talk shows would be like when they returned from the strike.
Dave Letterman, having made an interim deal with the WGA has settled back into usual comedy groove and Jay Leno, in all his scabby glory, has surprised millions by becoming even lamer than before. The one talk show host who stands out as really making an effort to please everyone is Conan O' Brien.
Even though The Late Show and The Late Late Show are in reruns, the company that produces them, Worldwide Pants, is continuing to pay their staff. The announcement came from the offices of WWP and went on to say that the writers (Update: the entire staff is being paid) for both shows in New York and in Los Angeles will continue to earn a salary, at least through the end of the year.
Worldwide Pants is owned by David Letterman who, as a writer for his talk show is in a precarious position. As a member of the WGA, Letterman is forbidden to do any writing for the show but as an executive producer he is still involved in the day to day decisions regarding the show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- More From BuddyTV
- Empire Season 2: Men at Work Star to Recur as Obsessive Gay Photog
- Baby Daddy Season Finale Sneak Peek: A Reba Reunion Goes Horribly Wrong
- Hollywood Game Night Sneak Peek: Art Imitates... Yvette Nicole Brown?
- Castle Season 8: [Spoiler] Will Return in a 'Surprising' Way
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- More From TVLine
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Battle Divorce Rumors ... Again
- Ice T and Coco Are Having a Baby Girl! And Her Name Is…
- Jessica Alba's 'Honest' Sunscreen Under Fire After Customers Post Sunburned Pics
- Ryan Reynolds Teases the 'Deadpool' Trailer in Glorious, NSFW Fashion
- Christina Applegate Plays Coy as to Why She Ditched Brad Pitt at the '89 VMAs
- More From ET