Yes, up until now, only three people -- Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan -- were writing 'Glee.' So, who is this new guy we can pin all of our hopes and dreams to? None other than comic book scribe and playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa.
That name sound familiar? That's because Aguirre-Sacasa is the man behind the 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' rewrites. He's penned several episodes of 'Big Love' and wrote critically-acclaimed comics such as 'Marvel Knights: 4' and various 'Spider-Man' comics.
According to Deadline, Aguirre-Sacasa will also become a co-producer on 'Glee.' He's also been tapped to write a remake of 'Carrie' for the big screen.
In other TV news ...
• Cee Lo Green says all of the judges will be back on 'The Voice' next season. "We've already been secured for a second season, so prepare to see a lot more of myself, Christina, Blake and Adam, and a host of great artists doing their thing," Green said. [Reuters]
• Adam Shankman will only be one of a set of rotating guest judges on the new season of 'So You Think You Can Dance.' Mary Murphy and Nigel Lythgoe will be the two resident judges. [Reality Blurred]
• David Fury of 'Lost' and 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' fame has joined the creative team of 'Fringe.' He'll serve as a writer and consulting producer on the Fox series. [Deadline]
If you are like me, you stayed up late Friday night just to catch Act 3 of Doctor Horrible, even though you needed to be up at 5AM to watch F1 in Germany. Chances are that there are more of you that stayed up late and couldn't give two shakes about a car race at Hockenheim, but either way, we've come to the end of Joss Whedon's great experiment. It seemed like a good idea to get a post up and see what everybody thought. A lot of it was what I expected based simply on the players involved. It stood to reason that there would be some good yucks, a bit of a twist, and since this is Joss Whedon, even...
When FOX made that announcement, some of us predicted that the show wouldn't return until at least mid-August. Since the network is known for starting it's fall season a bit early for certain shows (e.g., Prison Break), maybe the series could have aired from mid-August until the end of December with a few 2-hour long episodes. But it looks like this option won't happen. Instead, we will have to wait 11 months to see what happens next in Jack Bauer's life!
24 director Jon Cassar and producer/writers David Fury, Evan Katz and Manny Coto fielded an hour's worth of questions from Comic-Con attendees and fans. I've posted some of their insights after the jump in case any of them might be construed as spoiler-esque in spirit.
Responding to criticism in a recent Los Angeles Times piece that this season's 24 is lackluster and that viewers are tuning out, a co-executive producer of the show said failing to chart out story lines and sending several characters to sleep with the fishes are largely to blame for this predicament.
"You try to keep things interesting, find new ways to tell the story, and unfortunately we wound up repeating ourselves somewhat," David Fury, co-executive producer told TV Week. "I still would claim that regardless of the quality drop-off that people are saying, the show's still very strong. It's still one of the best things on television."
As for what that means for the show... I'm leaning toward not much. Not that Brian K. Vaughan isn't a talented guy, he clearly is, but I don't have much confidence that he will really be allowed to do all he can. Lost has always had talented writers. Although, they have had some trouble hanging on to them. David Fury hopped a boat off the island and went to hang out with Jack Bauer. Javier Grillo-Marxuach later followed suit and made his way to Medium.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Madam Secretary's Téa Leoni, EPs Talk Elizabeth's First Scandal, Henry's Spy Game, Staff Bonding and More
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- William Shatner Feels Awful for Having to Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- More From ET