David Hyde Pierce
Could Kelsey be taking advice from David Hyde Pierce, his brother Niles on Frasier? Since that series ended, David's had two hit shows on the Gay White Way, Spamalot and Curtains. The latter resulted in David winning a Tony award.
I'd like to think that Grammer's taking somebody's sage advice. La Cage is a no-brainer.
I have to admit it. I'm getting a little excited for The Tonys. I usually find them boring. The performances are fantastic but the awards in between are a bit of a snore. However, this cast of presenters is intriguing. I'll at least be flipping back and forth hoping to catch the performances and my favorite stars.
The 62nd Annual Tony Awards will be held on Sunday June 15th from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
Now that The Simpsons has made a successful jump from the small screen to the big (a billion bucks worldwide so far!), people are talking about bringing another FOX animated series, Family Guy, to your local theater as well. But does it have enough of an audience for such a project?
Seth MacFarlane isn't sure, but he has a live-action cast picked out. Rosie O'Donnell would be Peter (a very scary Peter), David Hyde Pierce would be Stewie (?), Ann Coulter would be Brian, Phillip Seymour Hoffman would play Chris, Juliette Lewis would be Meg, and Kathy Griffin would portray Lois.
The article mentions producer/writer Brian Hargrove (Wanda at Large, Titus) as Pierce's partner, but doesn't go into any detail beyond that. AfterElton decided to find out for sure (and they're a site about gay celebrities, so why wouldn't they?) and received confirmation, that yes, David Hyde Pierce is indeed a gay man.
The world responded: "He's gay? Huh. Are you going to finish that muffin?"
Keep an eye on TV Squad for more contests and giveaways!
All you need to do is reply to this post stating your favorite thing about this show. Yessir, it's just as easy as that. But don't forget to check your e-mail to confirm the comment! From the comments, we will randomly select five winners. Be sure to enter by 11:59PM Eastern time, March 5th, 2007, because the drawing will take place tomorrow.
Join quickly! America is depending on you. And by "America", I mean "the world". Godspeed.
Full rules are after the jump.
But it's his behind-the-scenes anecdotes that are my favorties. And this past week, he gave us some doozy, and he didn't even write them: he let his friend Peter Casey, one of the co-creators of Frasier, do a three-part series on how the show was created.
While I'm not sure I'd wish big time, privacy-destroying fame on any of my favorite performers, there are definitely some TV actors out there who are severely underrated.
Who was included on the EW list? Christopher Gorham, Ugly Betty; Allison Mack, Smallville; Sara Rue, Less Than Perfect; Nathan Fillion, Firefly; Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, Supernatural; Wendell Pierce, The Wire; David Hyde Pierce, Fraiser; Matthew Settle and Damian Lewis, Band of Brothers; the cast of Everwood; Clea DuVall and Nick Stahl, Carnivale; Mary Lynn Rajskub and Roger Cross, 24 and Tahmoh Penikett, Battlestar Galactica.
The combination of comedy and adventure reminds me of The Venture Bros., but while VB is an acquired taste for some, Screw-On Head seems like it could easily appeal to a larger audience. A lot of the story is taken straight from the comic, but since it was a one-shot (a stand-alone story) there have been a few well-done changes to allow the show room to grow to a full series. I'd love to see this on a regular basis! I definitely recommend it... Watch the pilot now, or read a little more about the comic and then watch it (seriously, watch it). Remember to fill out the survey after you see it so that SciFi can decide whether or not to pursue the series.
Emperor Zombie: Patience, darling? Do I have the permission to let Head stake you if it means world domination?
Patience, his vampiress: Yes, my love! [whispers to Head] ... Nooooo.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Gotham, Game of Thrones, iZombie and More
- The Voice Outtakes: Reba Coaches 'the Poot' Out of the Top 12
- Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables, Dead at 48
- Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV
- Post Mortem: Orphan Black Boss on Helena's Pal, Mean Delphine & More
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Wears Nipple Pasties to Joan Jett's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Scorpion Psychosis, Mystery Elevator Clone & More Answers Revealed!
- 'Outlander' Postmortem: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Dish on Big Secrets Revealed!
- Doctors Call for Columbia University to Can Dr. Oz
- More From ET