I could vaguely hear cries of "No!" and "Get Away!" through my sleep before she arose panicked and disheveled, sweat beads glistening off her forehead. We had just watched an episode of David Lynch's cult classic 'Twin Peaks,' and she'd had a nightmare that she was brushing her teeth, looked up into the mirror and saw the image of BOB, the show's psychotic murderer, maniacally rushing up on her.
Twenty years after the influential cult television show began, David Lynch's sci-fi, absurdist murder-mystery soap opera continues to scare and befuddle legions of viewers. Without it, there would be no 'Lost', 'The X-Files' or any of the countless serials habitually labeled "quirky" and/or "weird" since the show's debut on April 8, 1990.
Over a year ago I mentioned a rumor that David Lynch would be bringing Twin Peaks back to television, possibly as a series of TV movies. As it turns out, that's not true. Lynch put the kibosh on the rumors an interview with Suicide Girls, and stated he has no intention of revisiting the series. To be honest, I'm not that bothered by his decision. Twin Peaks had a decent run considering how bizarre the show was, and it seems more than a little foolish to come back to it at this late date. Of course, someone should tell that to Sylvester Stallone, too.
There is some good news for Twin Peaks fans, however. In another interview with iF Magazine he said that the second season of the series would be available next spring. TVShowsOnDVD also has an unofficial announcement that the DVD will hit stores in April of next year, so keep your eyes peeled.
I've said it here many times, and I'll say it again. I would much rather have Adult Swim offer a variety of choices even if that means some of the shows don't turn me on personally, as opposed to only offering programs I enjoy. Furthermore, Adult Swim does what many networks don't do, which is allow shows time to find an audience. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, but the end result is more choices, and that's never a bad thing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Amazing Race 27: 'Kardashians,' Jets Cheerleaders, Paparazzi Among Cast
- Ratings: Zoo Ties Low, Game Night Up
- Hulu Announces Commercial-Free Option — How Much Will It Cost You?
- Oscars Twist: 2016 Academy Awards Ceremony Will Have 2 Hosts
- Sleepy Hollow's Witnesses Put Their Heads Together in Season 3 Poster
- More From TVLine
- Here's Who Each Disney Princess Should Have Actually Ended Up With
- Bette Midler Wants to Play Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer's Mother in Duo's New Movie
- Anderson Cooper Posts Sweet Tribute After the Death of His Dog Molly
- 'Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles' Star Josh Flagg on 'Housewives' Drama, Dream Clients and His Top Real Estate Tip
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Lactates Through Jumpsuit and Tweets About It
- More From ET