I could vaguely hear cries of "No!" and "Get Away!" through my sleep before she arose panicked and disheveled, sweat beads glistening off her forehead. We had just watched an episode of David Lynch's cult classic 'Twin Peaks,' and she'd had a nightmare that she was brushing her teeth, looked up into the mirror and saw the image of BOB, the show's psychotic murderer, maniacally rushing up on her.
Twenty years after the influential cult television show began, David Lynch's sci-fi, absurdist murder-mystery soap opera continues to scare and befuddle legions of viewers. Without it, there would be no 'Lost', 'The X-Files' or any of the countless serials habitually labeled "quirky" and/or "weird" since the show's debut on April 8, 1990.
Over a year ago I mentioned a rumor that David Lynch would be bringing Twin Peaks back to television, possibly as a series of TV movies. As it turns out, that's not true. Lynch put the kibosh on the rumors an interview with Suicide Girls, and stated he has no intention of revisiting the series. To be honest, I'm not that bothered by his decision. Twin Peaks had a decent run considering how bizarre the show was, and it seems more than a little foolish to come back to it at this late date. Of course, someone should tell that to Sylvester Stallone, too.
There is some good news for Twin Peaks fans, however. In another interview with iF Magazine he said that the second season of the series would be available next spring. TVShowsOnDVD also has an unofficial announcement that the DVD will hit stores in April of next year, so keep your eyes peeled.
I've said it here many times, and I'll say it again. I would much rather have Adult Swim offer a variety of choices even if that means some of the shows don't turn me on personally, as opposed to only offering programs I enjoy. Furthermore, Adult Swim does what many networks don't do, which is allow shows time to find an audience. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, but the end result is more choices, and that's never a bad thing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Most Scandalous Moments from 'Downton Abbey'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 19 Moments of Queens, Creatures and Curses from 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'
- 'House of Cards': The Rise and Fall of TV's Most Powerful Couple
- More From BuddyTV
- Allison Janney Confirms Masters of Sex Season 3 Return
- Salem Season 2 Trailer Offers First Look at Lucy Lawless' Wicked Arrival
- Pretty Little Liars' Brandon Jones Previews Aria's Future With Andrew
- S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Chloe Bennet Previews Skye's Inhuman Crisis — Plus: Will New Secrets Shake Up Coulson's Team?
- Pilot Scoop: The Killing's Mireille Enos To Star in Shonda Rhimes' The Catch
- More From TVLine
- Madonna's 6 Pieces of Wisdom for Kanye West: 'Sometimes He Takes Things Too Seriously'
- This Guy Pretends He Won An Oscar And They Literally Give Him A Car
- Hugh Jackman Might Have the Most High-Maintenance Hair in Hollywood
- Cameron Diaz Says Sex Is Her Secret to Staying Young
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Trailer: The Castor Clones Are Here – And They're Terrifying!
- More From ET